Friday, January 15, 2010

Women, if you wanted to stay childfree permanantly...?

... would you have a sterilization, or would you rather for your husband to do it?Women, if you wanted to stay childfree permanantly...?
Yes, women can have a tubal w/o kids, my husband's aunt did after she reached a certain age after unable to have kids. If a young couple thinks that they do not want children, then later on they decide that they do, it would be easier, less expensive, more sucessful %26amp; safer for the man to have a vasectomy reversed than a woman to have a tubal reversed.


OB/GYN RNWomen, if you wanted to stay childfree permanantly...?
Well, I want to be sterilized but since I'm only 24 and unmarried doctors don't want to do that. They like to think I'll change my mind, despite the fact I strongly believe I won't. So, I guess I'd make my (future) husband get fixed.
for you to stay child free it would be sterilization for you. if you do not want children by your husband, let him get the snip snip.





reversal of either is possible but costly.
I think I'd want us both to have the proper procedure done, to be extra sure there was no chance at all of becoming pregnant.
Definitely have my husband do it. New studies indicate that woman may have more problems later after tubal ligation. And it is a full blown surgery, expensive, hard on the body, and is almost impossible to reverse....and if so, the insurance isn't going to pay for it.


Men's vasectomy is relatively inexpensive and minimal surgery...recouperation time is very short. and insurance pays for is no problem usually.


My cousin is a dr and she didn't want to have children...her husband had a vasectomy before they married and they don't regret it.


I applaud you for thinking it thru. I love my kids, but I respect that not all women want to be mothers.
l got fixed after my second child
I don't think I would do either. I'd probably just stick with a copper IUD, since they last 10 years and are not as invasive or taxing on your body as going through a surgery.





I have had a copper IUD for a couple of years now and it's great. :)
I think she should try a IUD. That way noone has to go though the pain, if you do want kids later, then he can still have them. It is less expencive. I have the pargard and I like it alot. I have never had kids, but then again i'm only 22. I hope this helps. Good luck. I would start out less invace and then work from there.
the husband. a asectamy is less risky then


getting your tubes tied. you don't have to


undergo any surgery if it's a guy doing it but


if the wife has to do it she has to go to surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment