Saturday, January 23, 2010

Questions for people who chooses to be childfree permanantly.?

1) Do you think having kids will cause you a nervous breakdown and/or possible heart attack?





2) Are you afraid of being a grandparent?





3) Is it hard for you to find someone who doesn't want or like kids?





4) Do you dislike children?





5) Would having kids be stressful for you?





6) Are you nervous/uncomfortable around kids?





7) Has your parents/family ever tried to force you to have kids, so they can have grandchildren?





8) If you don't want kids, do people (men/women) put you down and say you are worthy and say they don't date you? Don't you hate it when they say that?





9) How many times did people call you selfish just because you didn't want kids?





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids?Questions for people who chooses to be childfree permanantly.?
1. I am 100% prone to hypertension; thanx mom and dad ;-(. I always stress about stuff. Taking on full physical, mental, emotional, and financial responsibility of another human being will only hurry up the diagnosis of hypertension in me. I am also prone to cardiovascular diseases; thanx again mother dearest. So yes, excessive stress will not exactly be healthy for me.


2. Being a grandparent? I haven't thought of that because I'm never going to be a parent in the first place.


3. Definitely gonna be when I start looking. But its OK if I can't find someone. I am happy with my decision.


4. I dislike undisciplined children. Well-mannered children are a different story. I applaud parents who can raise such citizens.


5. Having kids is stressful for everyone. Yes, having kids will be stressful for me and rasing them will not be compatible with a career in the medical field which I'm working towards.


6. Sort of. I don't know what to do or say to them. I have a younger sister but I don't remember liking her much as a kid.


7. Nope. They just assume I'll change my mind. Looks like I'm gonna be a terrible disappointment to some of my relatives. My mom however believes that I'm definitely not motherly.


8. I'm too young to be having kids now anyway. But I assume I'll have to face all that scorn someday. But I know pretty much all the breeder bingoes and can come up with witty replies pretty quickly.


9. Not many people know I'm childfree right now. But I'm pretty sure the selfish bingo is coming up. I don't care because my ';selfish'; decision is not harming others.


10. My reasons are:


-I don’t WANT to be a parent. Never ever desired children. I’m not maternal at all. Just not cut out for such a huge responsibility. Would do a terrible job if I had to.


-My genes are not exactly perfect. Yes, I am a straight A student, I am good at Math and Science and an excellent debater. But I'm prone to diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, and cancer. Not a good combination to pass down.


-I’m tokophobic: I would commit suicide if I have to ever be pregnant or give birth. And this phobia is VERY real.


-Having children will adversely affect my career. Sorry but I can’t just let my hard work in High School, College, and University to get a Medical Degree waste away while I raise children. I have always wanted to be a doctor. Being a mom is just not compatible with that.


-I want to travel the world, buy a nice house, stay up late, spend time with my partner without being disrupted by children, and do a lot of stuff that do not include children.


-I want to be able to spend my money by donating to orphanages. I want to pay to raise a child in Africa. I just want to earn money by treating patients and use some of that money to help others. Having children is usually not compatible with excess savings.Questions for people who chooses to be childfree permanantly.?
Read the kids profile. She is 11 year old spoilt brat. She knows nothing about life.





1- NO


2- NO


3- Most certainly. Being childfree is like having a perminent case of very bad breath.


4- NO


5- YES


6- NO


7- YES


8- YES


9- Several times a week. People gossip so bad. When I go to a company party, I can hear some people whisper, ';He hates kids';.


10 Do I need a reason? I have friends whom have children. I can see what they deal with every day.
1) Do you think having kids will cause you a nervous breakdown and/or possible heart attack?: Yes. I have not a parental bone in my body. Never even babysat a day in my life.





2) Are you afraid of being a grandparent? N/A





3) Is it hard for you to find someone who doesn't want or like kids? Nope. Me and my husband have been married 12 years, and still going strong.





4) Do you dislike children? No. We donate about 5,000.00 a year to charities like Demelza House, Toys For Tots, and other children's hospices.





5) Would having kids be stressful for you? Yes.





6) Are you nervous/uncomfortable around kids? Yes.





7) Has your parents/family ever tried to force you to have kids, so they can have grandchildren? No, but the inlaws have.





8) If you don't want kids, do people (men/women) put you down and say you are worthy and say they don't date you? Don't you hate it when they say that? I've never had that problem, just with ';Relatives';.





9) How many times did people call you selfish just because you didn't want kids? Like from our first year of marriage, until they decided to give up, after 9 years of asking.





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids? I don't have a maternal bone in my body. I have major health problems that wont' be helped by pregnancy, I am on Medication, I have an open wound in my groin that doesn't need anymore pressure on it. I can't swallow pills, I have a great fear of doctors and hospitals, and I'm the worst person to handle pain.





1. Who's going to take care of you when you get old...or do you care?


I'll get a live-in nurse.





2. With everything you will have worked for in your lifetime, who will you leave it all to?





Demelza House Children's Hospice.
1) Do you think having kids will cause you a nervous breakdown and/or possible heart attack?


A nervous breakdown, possibly.





2) Are you afraid of being a grandparent?


No





3) Is it hard for you to find someone who doesn't want or like kids?


It's hard to find someone period. Nevermind one that would make a good mother.





4) Do you dislike children?


I don't dislike them; I just find them annoying.





5) Would having kids be stressful for you?


YES!





6) Are you nervous/uncomfortable around kids?


Yes.





7) Has your parents/family ever tried to force you to have kids, so they can have grandchildren?


They've asked me about it.





8) If you don't want kids, do people (men/women) put you down and say you are worthy and say they don't date you? Don't you hate it when they say that?


NO/NO





9) How many times did people call you selfish just because you didn't want kids?


None.





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids?


Afraid a possible divorce may hurt them.


Stressful and annoying.


Don't want the responsiblity, enjoy the freedom too much.


Can't find a partner.


Don't want to bring an innocent life into a not so innocent world.
1. I don't think it would cause me a heart attck or a breakdown, but Ithink it could be very stressful and depressing.





2. No





3. No, I don't want children and my husband and I have talked about it. He says he's not bothered about children because it would be too much work and like me he wouldn't want our relationship to change. Being with eachother is the most important thing. I said 'what if one day you wanted children and I still didn't?' and he said that he wouldn't want me to do anything I didn't want to, and it wouldn't matter because being with me is the most important thing. As we love eachother so much, just us two is enough lpeasure to last a lifetime.





4. I dislike irritating and badly behaved kids.





5. YES





6. No, I like being an aunty





7. My Mum thinks I'll 'grow out of it' not wantign children and is saying often 'When are you going to give me agrandchild'. I said she can be a grandparent to my parrot lol.





8. No, but UI wouldn't want to be in the company of someone so judgemental and rude





9. I don't usually tell people





10. I don't want the relationship to change. I don't like kids that much or feel maternal so I think it wouldn't enrich my life. I'd rather do what I want to.

















EDIT: I thin having kids is like deciding whether to have pets or not. I personally couldn't imagine life withouth animals around me. I love them, they are funny, cute and responsive. But some people aren't pet people and will never willingly have them. But that's ok.
My biological clock appears to not have an alarm. I have never wanted kids and it is not like I gave it thought, because the thought never came.





I have traveled the world and lived in cool places, educated myself and spent a lot of time on life and me.





I have had my share of significant relationships and children never came up as a topic or issue.





It is possible to give birth and nurture many things, not just children. That said I have two dogs who are my babies.





Children do gravitate to me when I am around them. I do like them and they like me.





No one has ever called me selfish or criticized me for not having children. I know quite a few adult and healthy people who do not have children. Life is good.
Wow, is this the night for child-free questions or what.





1) of course not :)


2) Not at all


3) No, in fact most men I know my age,40+, are happy with it or have children from a previous relationship


4) I love children and have devoted a large part of my life to the raising and education of them


5) The only stress now, for me, would be financial


6) Please see #4......I'm most comfortable around children because they accept people without the pressures society puts on adults


7) Not at all, my family accepts my choices in life and only want my happiness


8) I've not run into this problem except for the younger women who feel that the only way to understand children is by birthing them yourself. Not all young women, mind you


9) Yes, I do get call selfish and I respond with '; So what....and your point is?';


10) A personal choice I made many years ago. Personal :)





Good list of questions...BTW
1)NO


2)no


3)Nope married one


4)NO - I work at a pediatric dental office


5)YES


6)no


7)YES they have even decided on names for the kids I'm NOT going to have!


8)They put you down and tell me what I'm missing, call me selfish. No dating probs- as I said before Im married.


9) Too many to count


10) medical probs, financial, very busy lifestyle, too old, too set in my ways, want to change careers/go back to school so to do so= no time.
1. Nervous breakdown, most definitely.


2. Why would someone be afraid to be a grandparent? Anyway, I'm 22... even if I weren't childfree, being a grandparent would be a long ways off, so I haven't even factored that into my thinking.


3. I'm in a relationship. When we first got together he said he wanted at least 1 kid someday. I've convinced him otherwise. Yet you ask if I seek out a partner who dislikes children... why would I do that? Childfree does not equal anti-child.


4. I worked at a daycare for 4 1/2 years, and I taught youth gymnastics for 2 years. I'd say I'm pretty fond of kids.


5. Yes.


6. See number 4.


7. As I said I'm 22, so this conversation has not come up yet.


8. The only people who have put me down regarding my decision are people on the Internet.


9. As I said, only people on the Internet, but I've personally been called selfish twice, and then I have read such comments in general toward all those who are childfree.


10. I have multiple reasons. One reason is I do not want to have to put my life as it is now on hold for any number of years to raise a child. I want to dedicate my time toward other endeavors. I am perfectly happy without a child/children. The thought of me being pregnant and giving birth does not sit well with me. As I mentioned above, I worked in a daycare for 4 1/2 years, taught youth gymnastics for 2 years, and I have a brother who is almost 13 years younger than me. I know darn well what it entails to raise a child, and no thank you, I am not interested.





And to Lady T:


1. In the cultural West, the VAST MAJORITY of the time children do NOT take care of their elderly parents. That is why we have 401Ks and Social Security. Also, popping out kids does not guarantee they will be there for you emotionally when they are grown, either. That is why you make FRIENDS throughout your lifetime.


2. One word: donations.


3. And how is having children the epitome of selflessness? According to your two statements above, at least 2 reasons why you had/are going to have children are for self-motivated reasons: you need someone to take care of your decrepit aging corpse, and you need someone to take care of all of your ';stuff'; when you croke. Why else did you want children? Because YOU wanted to be a mommy? Because YOU thought your life would be more fulfilled?





Now please note, being selfish is not necessarily a bad thing. There are times when being selfish is necessary. I am being selfish by obtaining myself a college education. Selfish simply means actions one takes that are self-motivated. However for you to sit here and assert that having children is a much more admirable thing to do than to not have children is simply ridiculous (neither are inherently more admirable than the other). It is estimated that up to 2/3 of all pregnancies are ';oopsies.'; I'd say that abstaining from parenthood because you know that is not the role you were meant to take on in this lifetime is much more admirable than bringing innocent lives into this world with little to no thought.
i am not compleatly sure on no kids permanantly, but it most def a idea that has crossed my mind





1) no


2) no way


3) yes


4) no


5) money, time, responsiblity, afriad of rasing a child alone, not being able to give them the best


6) not really


7) lol jokingly


8) many guys have tried to talk me into wanting kids, or my family will say just wait you will find a man you want to have kids with.


9) ugh...a few people have


10) i dont want to be in a situation so many young girls fall into * i am 21* i want to do it the ';right'; way. married, settled, established, ready... i want to bring a child in the world with a man who wants to raise i child together. divorce is such a tragic thing for children and i dont want that for my kids. i want to be able to give my kids a good upbringing and be ready myself to rasie a child....and i dont know if i will ever be ';ready';... hmm
1) Do you think having kids will cause you a nervous breakdown and/or possible heart attack?. No





2) Are you afraid of being a grandparent?. That would be inconceivable if i do not have children in the first place.





3) Is it hard for you to find someone who doesn't want or like kids? i dont even bother with trying to find anyone.





4) Do you dislike children?no..i actually love children very much.





5) Would having kids be stressful for you? I honestly do not think so....





6) Are you nervous/uncomfortable around kids? no..i cannot say i am.





7) Has your parents/family ever tried to force you to have kids, so they can have grandchildren? no...in fact...my family would find it very odd if i suddenly became pregnant.





8) If you don't want kids, do people (men/women) put you down and say you are worthy and say they don't date you? Don't you hate it when they say that?..no one has ever done that ...





9) How many times did people call you selfish just because you didn't want kids?..never,





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids? huh...no real legit reason except maybe how screwed up the world is...
1. No, just like my freedom and feel kids should get 100% from parents. I don't ever see myself reaching that point.





2.No. If you could just be a grandparent I might do it!





3. It's is harder to find women who don't, but I manage.





4. I like kids and they like me.





5.Yes, it would be stressful. I am a worrier and I'm sure I would never sleep.





6.Not much. I'm a coach and work with kids all the time.





7.No. I come from a large family and I am the only one not married and without at least two kids. But, my parents support us all in the lives we choose to lead.





8.Don't understand this question. What I get alot is --you are great with kids so you should have one.





9.Never been called selfish. People who aren't willing to give 100% to their kids shouldn't have them. That is not selfish it is smart and caring actually.





10. I just like my freedom. Their is too much in life to do. I like to move around a lot and live in different parts of the country. I like to take romantic vacations. I like to leave on a whim. I like to stay out late. I'm not very organized. I also believe the world is overpopulated, so why add to it.





1.I don't care who takes care of me when I get old. When I can't take care of myself anymore I have a gun.





2.I'll will my belongings to the love of my life or charity.





3.Some kids I like, some I don't. Just like adults. I do believe they should get rid of no smoking sections and add no kids section at restaurants though.
1) No





2) No, it seems to me like that is a better gig then being a parent.





3) No.





4) Not especially.





5) Isn't it stressful for everyone?





6) No, just really glad that I don't have to take them home!





7) They would like it, but I took a stand on this.





8) Not really- most people have a hard time believing it. They say you'll change your mind once that clock starts ticking. I decided kids were not for me at 16 and I have only grown more certain.





9) Never. If they did, I would ask them why they were being selfish and propogating thier genes instead of adopting a child that is stuck in a state home.





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids?


Having a child has never been an intrest or a desire.





Kids are very expensive, and I would not want to be unable to provide.





I don't want to resent or neglect a child that I had because I was told I would change my mind or get used to it once it was here.





If I ever wanted the expereince of raising a child, I will adopt an older child who is in foster care or the state system- how can we even think about bringing more kids into the world when there are so many already here that need homes and families?
I have children...but I have a couple of questions for you:





1. Who's going to take care of you when you get old...or do you care?





2. With everything you will have worked for in your lifetime, who will you leave it all to?





3. Is it that you don't like kids? If you don't, then you're making a good decision. But if you do, then I would consider not having any as being selfish.





Let me tell you...yes, children can be stressful at times....but they are a joy to have around all of the time. Of course, though, it would all depend on your parenting skills. After all, you reap what you sew!
1) It's a possibility, although my health and my sanity weren't uppermost in my mind when I decided to be childfree.





2) Yes.





3) I haven't looked.





4) Not in the least. I actually adore children. That's why I'm not having any; I wouldn't want one to live with me.





5) Extremely so.





6) No.





7) ';Force'; isn't the word I'd use, but they've brought it up occasionally.





8) No. I'm only 18; my dating pool isn't even thinking about parenthood now.





9) Maybe once or twice.





10) I wouldn't make a good mother; I don't want to go through pregnancy; I don't believe that more children should be added to this world; I have different priorities.
1. No. I didn't even think of this.


2. No. It is not a concern.


3. Hmmm....I don't think so. I married a man who has 2 children from a previous marriage.


4. No. I like children. I used to babysit and was a camp counselor.


5. Yes. It would be very stressful trying to balance work, family, school, and volunteering. (financially stressful)


6. No. I'm at ease around kids. They don't intimidate or bother me. I think they are fun.


7. No. I haven't felt any pressure.


8. No. I don't think I've ever had this but I've always been on the fence about having kids and the reason is mostly finances, the future, and overpopulation. These are legitimate concerns. The planet is not well. The economy is increasingly instable and unsecure. There is a lot of competition. Values are being thrown out the window. All of this contributes to financial instability and that is stressful. I'm a responsible and thoughtful person.


9. Never. I wouldn't listen if anyone was to say that because they are selfish for even saying that and pretty dumb too. Some people are not meant to be parents and that's just the way it is. I think I would be a great mom because I'm not lazy. I have the discipline to do what needs to be done because I was raised by good parents. That's key. I had a great childhood with varied experiences and caring people.


10. Financial reasons, career, other purposes in life, overpopulation, problems with the planet, quality of life, and I'm getting older. I married at 32. The men I fell for were not ready for a serious relationship. It happened. I think society has gotten too selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment