Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it alright for a childfree man to get angry if he has less dating opportunities?

Ok, I'm childfree and I really dislike the fact that the majority of women want children at some point, and its really messing up my dating pool. Because of this, I really despise girls who want children. Now, I don't want kids for personal reasons.





As much as I slam my head knowing that I have less dating opportunities because there aren't many girls who are my match (they want kids!). Maybe I'm just insecure about this.





Is it alright for a childfree man to get frustrated if he has less dating opportunities and that too many girls wants kids, which pose a threat to his dating pool?








PS: I know I'm going to get some parents saying ';I'll change my mind'; ';Too selfish'; ';Who's going to take care of you'; and all that other BS.Is it alright for a childfree man to get angry if he has less dating opportunities?
There's nothing wrong with not wanting kids. Better not wanting them and making sure you have safe sex so you don't have them, than having them and not wanting them. At least you know what you want (or dont in this case!)


The problem is............ as you say in your question....... most women at one point want kids. Its a biological pain in the backside.


I have 2 kids, neither of which were planned and after my second i decided no more!!!!!!


GUESS WHAT.........


I have been so broody lately its getting difficult to ignore!


So, in regards to your question


It is absolutely alright for you to be frustrated by your 'dating pool' being messed up by us 'silly girlies' as long as ultimately you accept the fact it may prove pretty difficult finding a like-minded girl who never wants kids.


Never say Never!


edit:


WHEN I SAID NEVER SAY NEVER I WAS ACTUALLY REFERRING TO THE WOMEN WHO SAY THEY NEVER WANTS KIDS.... NOT YOU.


The problem you have is that women have hormones that make them think they want kids. Someone saying they dont want kids in their early 20's will probably want kids by the time they hit 35. I've seen it happen to a few of my friends.


maybe you could try dating older women who do not have kids so know for sure they don't want any.Is it alright for a childfree man to get angry if he has less dating opportunities?
Everyone has limited dating opportunities. People rule out or consider appearances, finances, religion, goals, geography, family and a hundred other criteria all the time when dating. Yours is one, but it's no more, no less special than another aspect.





You despise women who want children. Why? Because they want children? Who hates a person based on what their goals are, and how happiness is defined for them? That doesn't even make any sense. No wonder you can't find anyone to go out with you.
You can still date around. Just because you date someone doesn't mean you have to get them pregnant. Just don't settle down with someone that wants a baby. It might suck for you to have less to chose from, but there's not really anything you can do, so just deal with it.
I think that you are the one missing out. Sorry but there are more women wanting kids than the opposite! How do you find out if they want kids or not? Do you ask them if they want kids after their age and location? lol.
Whether you want kids or not is up to you and you can get frustrated but not at the women who want kids... that is their choice.
If you never want children, so be it. Who cares?


But getting mad at other people because it lessens your ';dating pool'; is immature. That's life.
I think it's alright for you to get mad.





It would be the same if someone only wanted to date christians and they couldn't find any. You not wanting children is a very fundamental part of you and them wanting children is fundamental to them. You can't exclude that fact from who you are and it will pose a problem in the relationship down the road, no doubt.





I would say go on a dating site, yes one of those things, and check the 'does not want children' and find yourself some women who feel the same. I know my friends are split 50/50 on the matter so there is some hope out there! Get mad, but don't give up!
You have your desires, we have ours. There are also plenty of women who don't want kids. My sister doesn't want kids, she holds them at arms length and is happy just being the cool aunty to my girl. She is married and her husband doesnt want them either, they are happy with their carefree lifestyle.


My best friend in school despised children. She thought all kids should have gaffer tape wrapped around their heads and her eye would start twitching when one would scream near her when we were out.


I think its pretty rude and terrible of you to DESPISE women who want children...its as natural as a man's desire to have sex with as many women as possible (lol that's a pit tongue in cheek there don't get offended)


You only need one woman, and there is certainly more than one woman in the world who doesnt want kids!


And if you are into casual dating, go for younger women who arent ready for children and have plenty of time before their clocks start ticking. Or, lol, you could date single mothers who have already fulfilled that need. But make sure she knows its just a fling because its worse in my opinion to mess with a single mother than a single woman.
You have made a personal choice and that is fine. No one should judge you for your choice anymore than you should judge others for their choice to have children! However, you have made a choice and that has, as you perceive, limited your dating options. The truth is most women would like to have kids but there are loads out there that don't! It may seem you have less possibilities but maybe you need to be a little more creative in your resources. Try looking to websites that host ';child free by choice'; groups and things of that nature.





Is it alright to get angry over it? I would say no since you made this choice, but I am sure it is frustrating. Just don't sell out. You don't want kids and that is fine. If only more people who really don't want kids but feel pressured to have them would step up and grow a pair maybe some kids wouldn't be miserable with parents who really don't want them and resent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment