Thursday, January 21, 2010

Social implications of the Childfree?

I am 26 and have never been married. I dated my former fianc茅 up until about two years ago. We never talked about children. He one day decided that we should get married right away, and have a baby. I told him no, because I want to further my education. He broke off the engagement.





I am not ready to call myself childfree yet, but I am sure I will never be having children. I will likely seek sterilization sometime in the next year or so. I am just a little nervous about it.





Anyway, I started dating about a year ago. It is not been very good. I usually don鈥檛 make it past a first date if I make mention of wanting a career over babies.





Is this just me? Don鈥檛 guys like intelligent women? Just maybe I want someone that loves me form my brains.Social implications of the Childfree?
I am sorry that you are getting such rude answers.





I am Child-free. I decided I was when I was 15, even though I didn鈥檛 know that it had a name. When I was your age I had a lot of trouble dating.





I know how you feel. On my first dates the girl will always have to bring up how much she love children, or how cute her baby cousin is. Some, but not all, carry photographs in their purse. When I am ready to end the date, is when I tel them I had a vasectomy.





Until I read your question, I never knew them men did that as well.





All I can tell you is it get easier as you get older.





Too bad I am old enough to be your father.Social implications of the Childfree?
It's not the child vs. career thing - it's that you're bringing this up on the first date. Kripes, he just wants a nice time with a pretty girl. You're talking LOVE and marriage and kids and all that stuff for heaven's sake. And on the first date. It's like you have the noose around their necks (or through their noses) from the get-go.That will put guys off - fast and hard.





How about talking about your mutual interests - sports, stamps, birdwatching etc. and getting to LIKE this guy before you spring kids and career and marriage and such?
excuse you... I'm a mother and very intelligent... being a mother does not make a woman stupid but what does is having a closed mind like yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment