Saturday, January 23, 2010

Questions for people who chooses to be childfree permanantly.?

1) Do you think having kids will cause you a nervous breakdown and/or possible heart attack?





2) Are you afraid of being a grandparent?





3) Is it hard for you to find someone who doesn't want or like kids?





4) Do you dislike children?





5) Would having kids be stressful for you?





6) Are you nervous/uncomfortable around kids?





7) Has your parents/family ever tried to force you to have kids, so they can have grandchildren?





8) If you don't want kids, do people (men/women) put you down and say you are worthy and say they don't date you? Don't you hate it when they say that?





9) How many times did people call you selfish just because you didn't want kids?





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids?Questions for people who chooses to be childfree permanantly.?
That girl is a nasty twat, but then, there is no shortage of them on this site. Unfortunately, there are some really rude cruel thoughtless horrible people here, but it is a public site so that goes with the territory.











1) Do you think having kids will cause you a nervous breakdown and/or possible heart attack?





No





2) Are you afraid of being a grandparent?





No





3) Is it hard for you to find someone who doesn't want or like kids?





No





4) Do you dislike children?





Sometimes





5) Would having kids be stressful for you?





VERY





6) Are you nervous/uncomfortable around kids?





YES





7) Has your parents/family ever tried to force you to have kids, so they can have grandchildren?





No





8) If you don't want kids, do people (men/women) put you down and say you are worthy and say they don't date you? Don't you hate it when they say that?





Never had that happen





9) How many times did people call you selfish just because you didn't want kids?





Never but if they did it would be the last time they said that to me





10) What are your reasons why you don't want kids?





I grew up in a very violent abusive house and I made up my mind when I was very young not to have kids; also I never wanted to have the responsibility of someone else for the rest of my life. What people think of me for not wanting kids is their prerogative as long as they understand it is MY prerogative NOT to have them.Questions for people who chooses to be childfree permanantly.?
I have no problems with kids or being around them. The reason I don't want to have kids is I have both Bipolar Disorder and Obsessive-Complusive Disarder and both of these mental disorders can genetically be passed on to your children. I know what it was like growing up with these diseases and I would not wish that kind of terribleness on anyone.
I'm just going to give a general response rather than answering each one (especially since some questions don't apply to me). My husband and I both knew when we started our relationship that we didn't want kids. My reasons: grew up in an emotionally disfunctional family, recognized by the time I was in my mid-20's that I did not have the emotional stability to be a good parent. So I knew I didn't want children because I could too easily see myself becoming abusive and did not want to take that chance.





That said, I have worked with kids, I like kids, I would love to teach. I've been a camp counselor and loved it (this was twice, once for 11/12 year olds and another time for slightly older kids.)





I haven't been called selfish, but I have had some people just not understand getting married and not having kids (in certain cultures, you get married to have a family, and that's the main if not only reason.)





I know my mom would have loved me to have kids, but she's accepted that I won't (and I'm old enough that it's pretty much not an issue any more!)
I don't want kids because I have been blessed with free will and I choose not to have kids because it won't bring me much pleasure. Having pets will bring me more pleasure. They are God's creatures too. So no one can say I'm selfish.
I'd say the answer to almost all of your questions is just no. I know having kids wouldn't cause me a heart attack, and had never really thought of being a grandparent. My boyfriend and I are in agreement on not having children. I don't dislike children. I love children, and my cousins and nieces. I just don't think I want my own. Kids would be as stressful as anything in life could be, but would also bring happy times, so it's all give and take in life. That isn't a reason for not having them. I'm not at all uncomfortable around kids. I baby sit all the time. My parents aren't insane and wouldn't ';force'; me to do anything. Nobody ever put me down for it, but I have only really discussed it with my current boyfriend. It isn't something which comes up. Nobody has ever called me selfish. I don't think I could properly parent a child with the way my life is currently, and have many responsibilities which would bring my abilities down. I have a career. There are many reasons, many private, why I wouldn't want to have children. It's just not for everyone.
I do not think it is selfish not to want children. Children are a great responsibility, from the time of conception on. If a husband and wife agree, before marriage, not to have children that was their choice. Some people enjoy their jobs, like to travel, and maybe feel that they will not be good parents. You cannot have a baby just because your parents want to be grandparents.
People are nasty, like that, all the time.





1) No


2) Couldn't care less


3) In my 20's yes. In my 40's not so much a problem. There are plenty of CF women at my age.


4) No


5) Yes


6) Yes


7) Yes


8) All the time. Yes, even at work. HR does not consider bothering the Child-Free an act of harassment. I can't say anything back, or I will be sent to 'sensitivity training'.


9) Only about 6 times a year for the last 20 years.


10) I like owning things that are not broken. I like quiet. Kids smell bad. I like having lots of stamps in my passports.

No comments:

Post a Comment