Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Replies from Childfree and Parents alike, please?

I have recently decided to remain childfree. I have always known, since I was little, that being a mommy wasn't something I really wanted. I finally just decided that even though it's the norm, that doesn't mean I have to if I don't want to. Parents, how do you guys really feel about childfree people? Childfree people, how did you come to this conclusion and how do you deal with the social stigma attatched to being childfree? I don't want to start arguments, I just want to hear honesty from both sides!!Replies from Childfree and Parents alike, please?
I honestly feel that it is a woman's choice to have babies or not. I don't look down on anyone who chooses not to have a child. I'm actually thankful that you don't have a child that you will end up hating or regreting later in life. I have 3 children that I love to death- but I knew at a young age that I wanted to be a mom. Don't worry about what other women say. Just always remember- there are Mom's out there that think that all women should have babies and will say stupid things like ';Oh- you just don't know you want babies yet!'; BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Don't have a baby unless you want one! Kudo's!Replies from Childfree and Parents alike, please?
You bet it is a choice. And you can have an amazing, unique life. Be aware that you will be controversial, and confronted on in when you least expect it as we live in a very pro-natal society. Please visit our team blog, Purple Women %26amp; Friends, so explore further!

Report Abuse



IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A MOMMY. I COULDNT IMAGINE MY LIFE WITHOUT MY 6 CHILDREN.THEY KEEP ME YOUNG.MY SISTER CHOSE TO NOT HAVE ANY.ITS YOUR DECISION WHETHER OR NOT YOU NEED CHILDREN TO COMPLETE YOUR LIFE.I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULDNT WANT CHILDREN AND I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE REGRETS LATER IN LIFE THAT YOU DIDNT. BUT AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY THATS WHAT COUNTS.BE HAPPY.
I believe that the family was instituted by God for our progression. He commanded Adam and Eve to multiply and that commandment is still in force. Obviously, it's not appropriate to bring children into the world when the parents aren't ready to do so, but children and family can be one of our greatest joys in life.
I'm sure you'll save a bundle (of money lol), I've always thought children were not for me either. Then again I'm gay so I really don't have much of a choice, but it's nice that I don't want kids to begin with.





From my view parents look at childfree people and see someone who is missing out on a lot but also... missing out on a lot. There are extremely good and extremely bad things about having children.





The nice thing is that you can always change your mind about being childfree but it's hard to change your mind about being a parent. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment