Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Childfree people...weekend away with family.....?

Would you feel insulted if your sisters were able to share rooms with their families and kids but because you and your husband are childfree you have to share with your mother in law (and to sleep on the floor and your husband is new to the family)?Childfree people...weekend away with family.....?
I would skip the next few family gatherings and point to this experience as the reason why. That is so low grade.Childfree people...weekend away with family.....?
Actually that's a little ridiculous to feel that way. If you're uncomfortable then you need to provide different sleeping arrangements at your own cost and think up some really good reason so you don't insult the rest of the family (and someone needs to grow up a little before planning another family weekend).
I wouldn't feel insulted...but awkward. That's just odd! And sleeping on the floor is not good for your back.


I mean, OBVIOUSLY this is a weird situation. I can't believe your mom is okay with it! My mom would be far too embarrassed for that sleeping arrangement to get cemented. Can you guys sleep in a den or another place? Even if there's less privacy, it's better than being in a secluded room with your (gulp) mother and your husband (and it sounds like you two are newlyweds, no?).


Otherwise, yeah, I would say miss out. Your family shouldn't think you are snobby, just uncomfortable and reserved (rightfully so!)
Darling, I thought only trailer trash did stuff like that. I'd get a hotel, sleep in the car, or just plain not go if you can't afford better than your new husband sharing floor space under his new MIL.





Yes, I would have passed on all that fun and had a root canal instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment