Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do people feel that people who are childfree had bad childhoods?

I don't want to have children because i don't want them; i prefer peace, quiet, disposable income, and no clutter. Not because i had a bad mother (which is INSULTING, i love my mom). not because i hate children (not a big fan of babies, but pretty indifferent to children and there's a ton of them in my life) not because i have some mental illness or disease that i don't want to pass down. I just don't want children, human, cat, dog or otherwise. Sorry about the rant, but does anyone feel this way too?Why do people feel that people who are childfree had bad childhoods?
I feel what you're saying because I don't want kids either, because I don't like them that much at all. People around us are very ignorant.





Its rediculous that so many people of the younger generation wants kids. They're making it impossible for us to find a relationship with one who don't.





I'm childfree by choice and I must admit, I had a rough childhood.Why do people feel that people who are childfree had bad childhoods?
I don't want children either (I'm 17 so that might change but I doubt it).


I guess they just think that if you don't want children there MUST be something wrong with you, like you were bullied in school or you hate children but it's just a personal choice, it's not like I tell people to stop having children, I don't see why they're judgmental.
I have one sister so I want to have as many children as possible .My father has eight brothers and sisters my mother has six .


My point is if you grow up with a lot of children you will want fewer children or none at all,but if you grow up with only one brother or sister you will want to have more children.





I don't think there is something wrong with not having children.


It is a personal decision and should not be taken lightly.It is better to have them unwittingly and raise them without the care they deserve.
It's ridiculous isn't it? What a silly assumption. I would have a perfectly good life with or without children. I don't have any and it is likely that I will not have any in the future. It's very common in...I hate to say it.. ';the(conservative) black community'; for people without children to be criticized. I love animals though and I think that fifty of them would make me happy. :D
I am 35 and I've been married for 9 years (she's 27). I don't want kids. Ever. I like kids. I know I'd be a good father. I just don't want or feel the need to have kids.


One of my sisters has 4, the other 1, my mom had 3.


I had a great childhood and adult life, so far.


When I think of having a child, I think of nothing.





I also wanted to add:


I think deep down, my wife wants children. I think it may end in divorce sooner or later because of this.
I agree with you also!!! Some women just think the only way to complete happiness is through kids. I feel some people know if they want children and others know if they dont want children. It dosnt make you a bad person. everytime I say I dont want kids people gasp and say omg why??? because I dont!!!! I always say it's my body I dont want kids but than you get your selfish that is the best one. than they say as you get older you'll change your mind i'm 21 and still nope no thank you. I dont want all the noise and the troubel either I want to come and go as I please and be with my husband. Who cares what people think it's your choice and your body!!! I agree with you!!!! I agree with the first person you said it perfect you go girl!!!!!!


P.S. Do you ever get this question how can you imagine your life with out children??? I'm like easily I never had them so how could I picture my life with them????
It is a dumb stereotype. I get the same thing. I did have a tuff childhood because I was living in poverty. But I am not a typical childfree person.





Actually I have researched this. Almost all child-free people had to babysit for their younger siblings or cousins. They finished parenting when they were about 12.





I don't know any child-free people that hate children. I get along with children better than most parents do. I just have no room for them in my life.





Cheers.
Yes. Me and my husband have been childfree by choice for 12 years. Still going strong. That's not to say that we are kid ogres. We donate a LOT of our money, gifts, and time to children's hospices, Toys for Tots, Teddy Care, and 2 spoiled Niece and Nephew. BUT we like our Peace and Quiet (It's nice to come home from our Brother in Law's House to our nice quiet home after an evening of screaming children)...we enjoy our quiet times together, and do not feel bad about our decision. And yes, I had a wonderful childhood...and that has led me to being extremely generous to charity. That is as far as I've taken it. I am not the ';motherly type';, and have never babysat a day in my young life. Babies aren't for everyone, you have a right to your own decision.
yes i am 23 and guys cant believe i dont have kids because all females around here has at lease one or 2 or even more kids then that by now. All of my friends has kids. I like kids but i dont want any right now i want to have fun and have time to myself before i have a child. And these days MEN dont stick around and i am not going to make a man be there for his own child. So i rather just wait and if i dont have any when i am older so be it. I dont have to have a child to keep a man and i dont have to have a child to be happy!!!
I don't feel that way(I have kids). But I don't think that way about people who don't want kids. I know more than a few people, even ones that are in relationships and married that don't want or have, and they are totally happy. And they grew up in way better circumstances than me. I feel u.
at least you are being true to yourself, i only had one in comparison to my mother's many, but if i had waited i could have been around niece and nephews. i thought that day would never come, so i headed off having the first. i didn't bring any more into this world though
I did have a bad childhood, some people have worse childhoods, but its played in part of some of my decision. But so what? Nothing is written in stone. Another reason why is because I like being #1 in my life, I want to live life for myself as much as possible.





I think that comes from being an only child too. I like my freedom and I cherish it, I couldn't give it up to take care of another human being. I'm also not a big fan of babies. It doesn't matter sometimes how you explain it to people, sometimes human beings don't want to understand, they think that being a certain way is the right way and anyone who doesn't follow is ';wrong.';





You just have to go on living your life, at the end of the day you have to be satisfied with your decisions. I also don't have a pet because I would have to take care of it much like I would a child. I would need to take it to the vet, make sure it socializes with other pets so its not lonely, they're also time consuming.





Also choosing to be cf is not the norm. You're not being a follower, you're doing your own thing. So you'll get judged for that but like I said to ignore those people. You can't live life for society, you have to live it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment