Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Childfree by choice answer only please!?

Did you get a tubal or vestectomy? How old were you? Did you have a hard or easy time getting one? What did you say/do that convinced the doc? How did anyone in your family react? I would appreciate input, but only from childfree by choice only please. The childfree by choice do not want children, and have no plans to have any either. That would be oxymoron. That would go against our wishes and lifestyle. Do not answer attacking or offensive or obscene suggestion





You must have no plans on having children and do NOT have any either to answer. This is because it is known that the childfree by choice have a hard time getting tubals because docs are reluctant act as if we don't know our own minds. They are full of crap. I am childfee by choice and made up my mind and the tender age of 12.





We childfree know that tubal/vesectomies are pernament, that is why we want them, bc who knows if there will be some fundie who will band birth control. Such as the birth control pill like Yasmin.Childfree by choice answer only please!?
wow, you got a lot of bad answers, sorry. I am 44. When I married at 23 1/2, I chose not to have children. Either I knew the marriage was not to last or more likely, I was just too busy, establishing my career and finishing my education. I never made the commitment to get a tubal, although I did talk to my Dr. about it. He advised waiting due to my age. I stayed on the pill. I went off the pill at 28. By this time, my marriage and our sex life had both gone to hell. So abstinence worked.





I have since remarried, and though initially we did discuss having children, and both were in favor, it didn't work out that way. Which in retrospect, given both our family health histories, is for the best.





I admire your convictions, based on my experience, the pill (unless you have serious health complications that prohibit its use) will serve you well until you can convince a Dr. you are serious about this or are ';old'; enough in their eyes.





http://www.childfree.net/websites.html





http://www.plannedparenthood.org/birth-c鈥?/a>





';Is help with payment available?


Private health insurance policies may pay some or most of the cost. In nearly all states, Medicaid pays but puts some restrictions on patient eligibility. A 30-day waiting period is required from the signing of the consent form to the time that federally funded procedures are performed. Federally funded sterilizations may not be performed on anyone under 21 or anyone incapable of legal consent. Check with your local welfare department to see if you are covered.';





Interesting that for government funding you have to be 21, so check with your health insurance, apparantly the government thinks you are old enough.Childfree by choice answer only please!?
Please visit Purple Women %26amp; Friends (safe childfree space) and look up a post titled: A Permanent Solution.





Doctors hesitate to perform TL at your 20-something age because there is a direct correlation to a 25% regret rate for that age group.

Report Abuse



i had to butt in here to state the obvious but i couldn't help myself.


heather....you're a retard.
I am childfree by choice, but I have not had a tubal. It still baffles people as to why I don't have children and never will. I'm getting old enough now so that they stop pressuring and asking so often! ;-) I have no regrets!
One reason may be the hormonal changes that come with altering the female anatomy. It's not pleasant, basically like going through menopause early so you will have side effects like weight gain, fatigue and other things you may not be ready for.
child free is your right. If you are concerned about accidents, there are long term solutions without a tubal. I have an IUD (I'm not kid free, but I do choose to have no more). I have a 5 years one. There are also 10 year IUDs. Maybe you could use other variations of birth control such as the IUD, until a Dr agrees to do the permanent procedure. I had heard bad things about the IUDs in the past, so when my Dr recommended it, I had to do my homework, I learned alot of my pre-concerns about it were mis informing. Do your homework on the subject, It might be a temp solution that you and your Dr could agree upon.
Me too ... but I just use the pull out method.





I have been doing it since I was 16 and I am now 28 .. I have had 15 stable long-term girlfiriends and I never got one of them even near pregnant ...


Also I have checked to see about sterility, but I am even a little more potent than the average man ... go figure ... but pulling out has always worked (you just need to know how to do it right and everytime!) for me and I never want kids!
aww, why no kids?





we're freakin adorable.





plus when you're old you'll love the company.
OK first I am NOT child free ( I have 5) but please read on. I have a very good friend who has very strong peodiophilic tendencies. This has not blown into full out pedophilia simply due to the fact that he acknowleges the danger of his being unattended with ANY child due to the RISK of his hurting them, so of course he chose to be child free. There were NO doctors who would do a vasectomy for him regardless of what he said to them until after he turned 25 and only did then because he made such a big issue out of the fact that HIS mental health would not survie the POSSIBILITY of abusing ANY child much less his own. So WHATEVER your reasons are for either wanting kids (like me) or NOT wanting them (like him) it is YOUR choice and don't let anyone else make it for you. Yes it may take a lot of time and effort to get what you want but in the end it is worth it. And for the record PLEASE do NOT use the withdrawal method for birth control as there is more chance of pregnancy happening from the penile lubicating droplets than there is in a full blown ejaculation.
No kids yet! ;)
Congrats on being childfree, you should be.





As to why the doctor won't give you a histerectomy, it's because you're only TWELVE!!! They're not going to agree to give you a hysterectomy until you're legally old enough to make that kind of decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment