Thursday, January 21, 2010

About childfree men dating single moms.?

I am child-free. That means I chose not to have children. For those of you that have no idea what I am taking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childfree





There are child-free women around. I know quite a few. Almost all are married, and those that are not, are single for very obvious reasons (attitude, mental issues, etc).





So this leaves me to date, for the most part single moms. I am 42, tall, and have a pretty good job. Needless to say I am a “magnet” for single moms that are in thier 30's. All women my age are marreid.





I used to pick the best looking MILF. Anymore I look for signs of normality. After all there must be 50 for every child-free or childless, single man in America. It is not as if there are not a lot to choose from.





I have noted that most of the children have behavioral problems. As a rule the children seem to fear one or both of their parents. I have noted that they tremble at the slightest hint that mom is angry. I have also been told, “I want to stay here with you, I don’t want to visit my dad”, or “can I live with you even if you break up with my mom?”. A little girl locked herself in my car, and insisted to go to my house. This stuff really freaks me out, and the relationship soon ends.





Is this normal? I have talked to other single men that told me the same thing. What is up with this?





Maybe this stuff is unique to the SouthWest.About childfree men dating single moms.?
Man, if you're really CF, don't date single moms. You don't want kids of your own. Why deal with somebody else's kids? And I understand feeling like the situation sucks and you'll never find anybody. When I was dating, I had several (horrid) relationships with lifescripters until I said no more, can't handle it. I didn't even meet my husband until I was 28 and I was mostly resigned to being single forever.





I think there are more CF women out there than men. There's a certain group of women out there (which I think is getting bigger, hooray!) that take the time to think about the impact a child would have on their career, relationships, or body, and decide it's not worth it (or they were CF from day one), while many men expect the woman to have the kids but he only does the Kodak moments.





With respect to kids and behavioral problems, I don't know anything about that other than what I see in our child-centric society at large, but if I were in your shoes I do know I wouldn't be able to deal with it. To meet new women, maybe shake up your routine a little? If you usually go rock climbing, spend a night at the theater (or vice-versa). I'm sure you know all this.





My point is that there will always be tension in a relationship between a CF person and someone who has (or even actively wants) kids. Childfreedom and the desire for children (or worse yet, the actual presence of children) are like matter and antimatter; they can't coexist because they are fundamental opposites. Sticking to one-night stands might work to a certain extent (I'm not judging, I'm just sayin') but if you want to build an actual relationship I wouldn't waste time dating women with children if that's not what you want out of life because that isn't fair to anybody, including yourself. Maybe *especially* yourself. About childfree men dating single moms.?
Um...not ALL single mom's children have behavioral problems. Not ALL single mom's let kids sleep in their beds. I don't know what your talking about, because my mom is a wonderful single mom. My brother and I are perfectly fine, so you can't generalize.





And that seems odd about the kids actually wanting to be with you, I think. All the kids with divorced parents I know hate their parents girlfriends/boyfriends.









For one, I don't know if the kids are literally afraid of their parents, its just that they see you this third person that doesn't really tell them they can't do something, so naturally in a kid's mind if you aren't like a parent and let them get away with stuff then they want to go with you or be around you all the time.





Another thing, for single moms and this is purely my opinon, but I think as they are so used to not dating someone for such a long time, they find comfort in allowing their kids to sleep in the room or bed with them. I know you might want to get laid and all that, but I think its rather difficult for most people to break their habits, and that goes for just kicking the kid out of the bed or even putting them to bed early. Cause pretty much when you don't have a outside critic to your life, many people live by what works best for them, though may be somewhat hectic or chaotic for someone else.





So I don't have any real advice, but I think it might be best for you to try maybe dating sites or adult friend finder type of sites, where you can at least hook up with someone for just sex and don't even have to bother with them if they have kids at all. Just a suggestion though.

No comments:

Post a Comment