Saturday, January 23, 2010

What are the benefits of being a Childfree Couple?

1. I have more free time to pursue other goals. And I’ll be much more likely to retire early.


2. The spare bedrooms are all mine! I can use them as a guest room, or a library, or a gym — or whatever I wish!


3. No one can blame me for overpopulation, traffic congestion or urban sprawl. I’m not contributing to it!


4. More sleep! I get to sleep in on weekends, and no 2 am feedings. I won’t have to get by on three hours of sleep.


5. No pissing and moaning that my husband doesn’t do anything and I get stuck doing all the work. On the other hand, if you are a man, there is no pissing and moaning that your wife won’t work and all the financial burden is on you.


6. Less worry and stress in my life.


7. Not needing a child to give me a reason to live or give me fulfillment! I’m able to find happiness inside myself, not in someone else.


8. Fewer worries about body image, and I have time to keep myself in shape and looking better (and younger).


9. Every night can be a romantic night with no interruptions.


10. I’ll generally have more money and a higher standard of living. And because I’ll have extra money, I can put some away every month for my old age so I will have more security than just “I hope my kids will take care of me when I’m old!”


That's my top ten how abou you?What are the benefits of being a Childfree Couple?
You hit the nail on the head with your list. I would just add more time to volunteer for causes I believe in and more time to spend with other childfree people (although I don't know too many of them as a lot of people my age have kids and are too ';busy'; to go out. It's called a babysitter.).





By the way, I find most people who have children extremely self-righteous and arrogant, as if they are somehow better for having children. Having children doesn't make a person better than a childfree person, people with kids made different choices and have to live with the consequences of their actions.What are the benefits of being a Childfree Couple?
Hmm...I am only 14 but I really want to have kids (when I am older of course) and I can agree with them but having children also has alot of benefits also.
Happiness and freedom; you said it all, sister.
hey what arent the benfits?
Right on. You got it! I'm right with you on all these. But my biggest reason is I do not want to deal with the 9 months of agony pregnancy brings. I've read a lot about everything that can happen to woman during pregnancy down to tooth loss due to hormones aggravating the gums. Weird but true. Don't want any of it.





I like #9. I am a romantic and I want my marriage to be about my spouse and I. Endless intimacy sounds good to me!
And you get to use all that money you saved to TRAVEL! :)





Although I say I never want kids, my mom didn't either, when she got preggo with me by accident. Now she says she'd have given up millions of dollars and time just to have me and that she'd have been a lonely old woman. I agree with the second part for sure. When you're sick in a nursing home, maybe your husband's dead or you've divorced- who will be there for moral support?

No comments:

Post a Comment