Thursday, January 21, 2010

Anyone else on here Childfree by choice, and a Christian?

Hello. My husband and I (been married a year and a half) are absolutely positive we don't want children, for various reasons we discussed before we even tied the knot. First off, here are some of our reasons:


A. The world is already too overpopulated. Yikes!


B. We enjoy eachother and the freedom we have to just get up and go whenever, wherever.


C. We just don't like being around kids.


D. We have a lot we would like to accomplish in our lifetimes, we would like to travel, volunteer.


I'm 23, and he's 26. Anyone else feel the same way? Anyone else a Christian?


And what annoys me even more is that everyone is all like, ''You'll change your minds, give it time''. Yeah, okay! Not really.


I'm on birth control pills now (have been for 6 years and counting). Planning on getting a vasectomy in about 4 years.


Any thoughts on this subject?Anyone else on here Childfree by choice, and a Christian?
Yes, my husband and i are both 24 and we are christians, we dont want kids and dont plan on having any kids, if it happend i wouldnt mind ofcourse, but im not trying to have any. We just dont feel like we want them, some people want kids, some dont, its a choice.Anyone else on here Childfree by choice, and a Christian?
I never wanted children. For that matter, I am happy being single.





Please remember that your decision to have children or not is your business. If people thought for themselves before having children, there would be alot fewer abused and abandoned children in the world.





You have the right to make your own decision. If other people make nosy remarks about it, it's their problem, not yours.





P.S. Seems like one of those nosy people I mentioned is running around giving all of us thumbs down for supporting you......*lol*
I am an Atheist and I agree with you completely....





but perhaps you should freeze a few eggs, and him have some sperm stored, so if you ever change your minds, you can have artificial insemination.
You,ve got the right attitude. Yes, the world is overpopulated. I have two children from a previous marriage, but when I remarried, we decided not to have children. Thanks for sharing.
*applauds* I know what you mean. I'm only 19 but when I tell people that I never want children, I get the same responses ';Give it time,'; ';You'll change your mind';, etc. I'm not a Christian, though.
I am childless by choice for many of the same reasons as you and your spouse.
I am not a Christian but I do have similar feelings about children.
Why would you get a vasectomy, as a female?





Do you mean a Tubal ligation?
Those were the same reason why I didn't want any kids. I met my husband in 97 we got married 1-99. Opps! I got pregnant, i didn't even think i was until I was 15 weeks along because I had my period. Our daughter was born 6-00. I was 30 years old. Then our 2nd daughter was born 2 yrs later. That was going to be it too, until our 3rd daughter was born 2 1/2 yrs later. I thought I never wanted any kids, boy was I wrong!





I'm not trying to say give it time or anything, I just wanted to share my story because you gave the same reasons I had for not wanting any.


Enjoy your marriage with each other %26amp; grow old %26amp; happy together!








This is one of my favorite sayings.





Sometimes the dream that came true


are the dreams we never even knew we had.











This is so true for me!
Sounds like the two of you have made a rational and joint decision regarding this.





I do not see any reason that your choice is wrong although some will disagree with me.





It basically revolves round the command to Adam to be fruitful and multiply.





So why do I not think this is wrong? Because if God wanted you to have children he would gently lead you to the conclusion that it is time to have them. He will not force this on you but he would work to guide you to the conclusion he wanted.





In a way it really coincides with the decision to marry or not. There are some people to whom the desire to marry is never given and they stay single all their lives serving God.





Yes I am Christian and my wife and I are not having children although for different reasons. We are both over 45 and she has two from a previous marriage. She left him because he had an affair and things could not be reconciled.





As to the Vasectomy: Caution should be exercised there. First because the procedure is almost irreversible, it can be done but it is very expensive. Second they have been known to fail. Either the separation is not far enough and some still cross over or in some instances the tubs have grown back unbeknown to the couple. This is rather rare but it can happen.





I believe that if God wants you to have children down the road he will lead you to it. Until then grow in Christ and live for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment