Thursday, January 21, 2010

Childfree singles and couples, questions?

Okay I know it's cliche, but what were some of your reasons for choosing this lifestyle? How old were you when you realized that you wanted to be childfree.





Oh and last, how do you feel about ppl who want kids?





I ask this b/c I want to be a family guy, but I don't condemn anyone for not wanting kids. I mean some like to travel, some have very busy careers(and some of them may require extensive time away from home), some just like to do their own thing. Or in the case of an elementary school teacher, who is around kids 10/12 months.(10 out of 12 months).





However, I can see why some ppl DO want them. They can bring joy to someone whos down, some just have that nurturing spirit you could say. Some like to see kids reach their full potential.





Anyway, your view? Do you see where I'm coming from?





I hope this does not come across as me trying to force anything on you.Childfree singles and couples, questions?
I never had a desire to be a mother.


It is just not something I am interested in, I realized this around the time i was 25ish years old.





I enjoy my life, my career and the lifestyle being child-free has afforded to me.





I'm also a Neonatal and float Pediatric nurse, I see kids on a daily basis, sick and dying kids, and putting myself in that position is not something that I want in my life. I love caring for kids, I generally LOVE kids, but I am 100 percent sure I do not want to be a Mother.Childfree singles and couples, questions?
I'm 31, my husband is 39 - first off, he is too old to want to start raising a family. And besides that, we both decided before marrying that neither of us want kids. It's too much responsibility and too much of a financial burden. Besides, the thought of getting pregnant (fat) is horrifying to me - let alone all the pain involved in child birth. NO THANKS.
can go to disneyland as a couple





cost money to take care of





don;t have a reason, just don't want to-hassle to take care of





seems like the child is in control not the parent
I was 25 when I chose this lifestyle.





The lifestyle was pretty much chosen for me because I fell in love with a man who had a vasectomy before he met me (after having 2 kids he doesn't have custody of or see very often - due to not so co-operative mothers)





But I have always been terrified of pregnancy and childbirth and realized around the same time that I love kids I just love that I can give them back at the end of the day, or when they start screaming and crying uncontrollably. :) I also don't want to add to the already overpopulated world, and I think it would be very hard to raise a kid and very expensive in this day and age.





I don't think anything of people who want kids, that's their choice. I just hate it when people who want kids hate on the childless and say we're useless because we don't procreate. Oh and I don't look well on people who have kids but NEVER want to marry.





My fiance was tricked into having both his kids.
I realized at about 13 that I never wanted kids. I started babysitting at 12, and hated every minute of it. I heard ';It's different when they're yours,'; but all that meant to me was that if they were mine I was stuck with them.


I hate noise, I hate mess, I need a lot of time to myself and hate constant demands on my attention. All of that just doesn't fit with being a parent. I like my free time to be my own, not tied up with feedings, diapers, supervising toddlers, homework, carting kids to one activity or another, etc.
I just do not have any room in my life for children. The idea of changing a diaper disgusts me. The smell of babies is offensive. I could not imagine stopping every half hour to find a bathroom. My furniture is free of peanut butter, soda, and candy stains. My TV has no finger prints on the screen.





As for people that have children, I have no negative feelings toward them, except for the fact that so many can not control their kids. Seriously I do not let my Rolex, my antiques, or my tools get in your way. My stuff never climbs on or touches your stuff. My stuff never runs in grocery stores and hits you in the ankle with a cart. My stuff never throws litter in your front yard. My stuff does not go into your cactus garden then complains about the needles. I never complain that your front yard is not a safe place for my stuff simply because my stuff will never trespass there.





I am willing to bet that a future parent like yourself probably hates the same behaviors. You would rather not have your future children picking up on the bad behaviors as mentioned above, from the other children. I am assuming you want to be a good parent, so you would not let that happen.





Way too many parents have the wrong impression about us. We chose not to have children on our own. We are not wanting for children. So many think that just because we have no children that we want to be a free baby sitter or something. The truth is, we do not. Most of us do not own any toys, crayons, or anything else a child wants. We have a lot of breakable things.
For one you have a higher standard of living, the most recent report says that it costs almost $300k to raise a kid, not to mention having to take crap vacations at places like Disney.





What confuses me is when I see the lower paid workers at the office complain about how hard they have it financially, but they keep having kids and continue to complain apparently not seeing the cause and effect relationship.





My nephew is great, but his dad is a lawyer so unlike the people I mentioned above, he does not rely on gov't assistance for his wants when it comes to kids. The gov't wouldn't help me buy another boat, but I really want one, it'd be a blessing, right?





I'll take Australia, French vineyards, and Spanish beaches over standing in line to see a guy in a mouse outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment