Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is Being Childfree a Sin?

This is for the religious types out there. Forget about my other so-called sins and focus on this if you can . . .





I have no interest in having children. None. The idea of being pregnant makes me a little bit ill. I don't think I have the ability to raise one of my own. I prefer old people and cats.





Keep in mind I'm 27 (28 July 3rd!) so it's getting to the point where telling me that I'll change my mind is ridiculous.





So . . .





1. Is my ';no trespassing'; stance on my uterus a sin?


2. If so, why would God want me to breed when I have no interest in it? Doesn't he want children to be with parents who will welcome them and love them?





Answer. I'm rather curious to see what the answers will be.Is Being Childfree a Sin?
No, it is not. I am a Christian, I am 50 years old, and I habe no children. The Bible does not say that remaining childless is a sin. Paul was single and hever had children.





You are very cool, girl. It is far better not to have children than to have them just because someone thinks you are supposed to. It's a sin to have children when you don't want them and will not take care of them, in my opinion.





Blessings to you, and congratulations of knowing what you want and standing up for it.





GOOD LUCK to you! Have a happy life.





(I have taught school for 26 years. I LOVE children, but I want none of my own.)Is Being Childfree a Sin?
Being childless is not a sin. I think you are missing out on an amazing experience that will cause you to mature as you help them to grow. But not a sin.
Since it's your uterus I'd say it's up to you. You can prove me wrong, but I think you'll change your mind. 27 is old for our parents, not for us.
Being childfree is only a sin if the reason you are childfree is because you killed your children (whether abortion is killing a child or not, I won't even get into that debate).





I wonder how many people who think it's a sin to not have any children, have themselves made a conscious decision to have only one, two, or 3 children? I have to admit I get a kick out of the people who give the childfree crap about not having kids, but when questioned if they'll have more, say things like ';Oh, no, one is enough for me';.
I am 36 and have not wanted children since I was 13.


Since I have no interest in having children, I would say God made me that way.
of course it's not a sin! but to be honest, you sound very defensive about your decision and it's odd that you would care what religious people think.





i wish more people would recognize that they are selfish, self-centered and incapable of unconditional love. it would save so many children from being born into terrible situations where the parents are incapable of love or nurture.





children are a gift from God...
Its your decision. You know your personality. I WAS in your shoes 4 years ago. I didn't want kids ever. But my wife became pregnant and we now have a beautiful girl who's four. Its been a total blessing. I love being a parent. So if you ever become pregnant and have a child you may see your opinion of never having children may change.
It would be a murderous sin if you are willing to kill a child you may conceive. If you became pregnant would you kill the child or give him or her up for adoption? Maybe if you were pregnant for a bit you might even grow to love the child,perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment