Saturday, January 23, 2010

Exactly how did the LEFT weasel this ';Childfree'; movement into our society?

The other day I learned that there are movements such as ';Childree'; and ';Childless By Choice.'; Just Google them and their pages should come up.





Basically, these groups are made up of people who are married but who have chosen to not have children. They are ABLE to have them, they just choose not to.





I see this as one of many assaults by godless liberalism on the nuclear family. They simply cannot stand to see a family that consists of a married couple (MAN and WOMAN) with their kids that functions properly. They have to bring all this other crap into our society, and they usually do it through the public school systems. I hear that they are teaching all of these ';alternative lifestyles'; in health classes now, which makes me glad I was homeschooled for most of my childhood.





And since I know someone is going to ask, I'm going to go ahead and say this. I got married when I was 16, and my wife and I had our first kid when I was 17. We now have five kids, and that's five more soldiers in the army of God.Exactly how did the LEFT weasel this ';Childfree'; movement into our society?
Actually, people who are childfree can be single, married, gay, straight, Christians, atheists, pagans, any other religion... Most do not really care if other people choose to have children - they simply do not want any of their own, for many reasons. Not everyone is cut out to be a parent (or do you stupidly think abusers and people who kill their children don't exist?) Why does it matter that people desire to live differently? If you're happy having five kids, then good for you. I would probably go insane. I can barely keep up with my two, and am looking forward to the day I can go back to work outside of the house.





Children are not soldiers. That way of thinking makes me sick. Poor kids.Exactly how did the LEFT weasel this ';Childfree'; movement into our society?
';I just want people to assume responsibility.';





Thus spaketh a boob who knocked up his girlfriend (sister?) at 16.

Report Abuse



God gives people the freedom to choose whether or not to conceive children. If you read Paul's letters -- they're in the Bible -- he actually leaned toward celibacy. I agree that liberal assaults on the family are disgusting, but some people simply are not born to be parents.





Not everyone has to be just like you.
Most of the couples I know that don't have children do things to better help the world, like take care of really sick animals or give the money/time they save on not having children to starving people who really need it.





Alternative lifestyles make the world go round. It's a good thing everyone doesn't have 5 children like you. It would gobble up the worlds resources before you could say global warming.
No son. Some people just don't want to have children. I don't know why they have groups about it, but I'm prepared to guess it's because you seem to think the purpose of marriage is breeding.





If you really do have 5 kids, I feel very sorry for them, and your poor, long suffering, brood mare, I'm sorry, wife.
I don't think it is a ';Left'; issue. I know plenty of conservatives who have decided to wait for children or not to have them at all. I don't really understand your opposition to people not having children. I think it's a pretty good idea to not have them if you don't want them.
Nothing wrong with not wanting children.





And just because someone CAN have children doesn't mean they should HAVE to. Unless of course it also works for other things. You have arms, so you should become a painter. You have legs so why don't you become a professional runner. Don't want to? Well now you see how it feels to be told that you MUST have children, just because you have a uterus.





Edit: looking at your past questions you are satirizing christians. You were a pretty convincing fundie though.
Most of these people are probably highly educated and far to engrossed in their career to properly raise children, though it is these kinds of people that SHOULD be producing offspring.





Watch Idiocracy for a good understanding of my comment.
Omg!! They're teaching people that you don't have to overpopulate the world?!?!?! What, what, what... EVIL!!!





Seriously though, I think this is a good thing. If you want to get married and have sex, but personally dislike kids then I don't see any reason why we as a society should force you to have them.
Some people choose not to look like ignorant hillbillies, popping out more kids when the earth is in environmental crises under the crushing burden of a burgeoning population. Besides, it makes that much more room for your brood.
Is this a joke? I don't think it is, which is a tad depressing. Yeah, contribute to the impending population problem, you're helping out a great deal.
You should be glad people like that aren't passing on their 'liberal' ideas to their children. Their strange ideas will die with them.





Torg
I wish everytime I didn't do something a Christian would pop a gasket like this.
Lol you're afraid of people that are different from you.
You are a psycho and you scare me.





I hope religion wasn't the causation of your mental status.
%26lt;sarcasm%26gt;


Yes, it's terrible that people are allowed to have freedom like that...


%26lt;/sarcasm%26gt;
Oh noes! people are living their lives by their standards and are actually proud to be doing so! What the hell is wrong with the world!
I had a rat in my garage that thought a lot like you. Breeders are breeders I guess, no matter what species.
ok so, you want people to have children that they cant care for or to throw them into the foster care system,


you dont want there to be homosexuals ever and you certainly dont want them to help ease the burdens on the foster care system,


and now your pissed that people are choosing not to pass more children into this overpopulated place.





do you have any problems with people who are naturally infertile? are they an abomination like the gays because they cannot pass on genetics?


congrats, you have put your type even farther down my list of crazies
Well, not all of us think of procreation as ';soldiers in the army of God.'; We consider the capacity of the planet to support human life, and we acknowledge that not everyone is good at raising children. Of course a lot of people who are not good at raising children do it anyway, but why add to that problem?





I don't know of anyone who suggests that people who want children, are able to have them, and prepared to raise them well, should not have them. They may perhaps suggest you would do better not to have so many, but not that you should not have them.





';Alternative lifestyles'; are just that: alternatives. They recognize the right to decide for yourself rather than insisting there is only one right way to order your life.
What on earth is wrong with being married and choosing not to have kids? It's not like we're running out of people, and honestly my marriage would be better off if the kids had come later, and I would be able to fulfill my personal dreams if we had no kids at all.


We chose to sacrifice and postpone in order to have a family, but if someone doesn't want this it's their choice!


Why the hell do you people think you have any right whatsoever meddling in other people's relationships??

No comments:

Post a Comment