Thursday, January 21, 2010

My fellow childfree men, were you ever denied a vasectomy because of your age?

Did the doctors deny to make you sterile because of your age (21-25)? If so, how did you handle it? Did your family keep you from getting a vasectomy?





Is it hard for you to find a real woman who doesn't want kids at all? Does it irritate you that girls would dump a guy over something petty?








Because I don't want kids at all, and I won't regret my decision nor change my mind because kids make me nervous and I despise kids. I'm 19 moving to 20, and I'm NOT too young to make te decision.My fellow childfree men, were you ever denied a vasectomy because of your age?
I have been working in the fertility industry for about four years. Refusing men vasectomies for whatever reason is not uncommon. It might not be your age that is the reason. They have every right to refuse you, and they don’t have to give you a reason. The clinic would rather error on the side of safety.





If AT%26amp;T refused to sell you a mobile phone because they thought you are “too immature”, or “didn’t need one”, you will likely tell all your friends. They will loose a lot of business for years to come. People only seek a vasectomy once. If a clinic refuses you, and you tell all your friends, then they are not really going to loose much business.





Your family can’t stop you. I have never heard of that.





What the other guy said about five percent of men regretting vasectomies is true. I doubt any of the five percent are childfree.





My boyfriend had a vasectomy. Neither of us have children. I am a girl, and I am 24. I would not hold that against a man.My fellow childfree men, were you ever denied a vasectomy because of your age?
Dumping someone over kids isn't petty.





It's the same for women, before you are allowed to have your tubes tied you have to be a certain age or have 2 kids. I wanted my tubes tied after I had my son but because I was 23 and he was my only kid they wouldn't do it.





They do it for legal reasons, they don't want you coming back 10 years down the road and sue them because you want kids and you can't have them.
you are too young to know that for sure. you may change your mind in 10 years.
no
I was refused more than once. The first time I want to Planned Parenthood of Arizona, at age 18. There policy forbids doing vasectomies on men of a certain age, but that might just be local to the office I went to. I think that was purely politics.





The second time I was 20 and went to Parkland hospital in Dallas Texas, and they refused me because I was not at least 25, or so.





When I was 21, I wised up; I asked Parkland hospital for a referral. They gave me the name of a private non-profit clinic. The clinic only asked about five questions, and gave me what I wanted. I told them I already had children, and I bumped my birthrate by two years. I paid cash and got what I wanted.





One of my friends got a referral in Phoenix Arizona to some non-profit clinic and got what he wanted at 24, with almost no questions asked.





There is an “urban legend” that states that the doctor will not perform a vasectomy if you are an only child, or if you are the only male sibling. This is false; the doctor will never even ask such questions.





There is also an “urban legend” that they will ask you how many children you have. This is often false. The question usually is, “Do you have all the children you want?”.





Why would a clinic refuse you? It is up to the moral judgment of the doctor, or the staff. In some cases the legal department because men sometimes say their where “tricked” into getting a vasectomy, or that the clinic didn't tell them it was permanent.





The most common reason is political. If the clinic gets any funding from some religious, or paternal foundation you can forget them giving you what you want, because they would rather turn away a paying customer than risk any friction with their primary source of funding.





Your family can’t stop you from getting a vasectomy.





Yes it is hard to find “real women” until you are about 40. At least it was for me. But times have changed. I have friends with young daughters (21-25) who don’t want children bad enough to seek sterilization. But that might just be my influence on them.





5% of men across the board regret getting a vasectomy, which means 95%, are not bothered by it. As far as I know, no childfree man has ever regretted getting a vasectomy. The 5% is likely only those who already have children, and decide they want more at some later time in life. Too bad for them because reversals seldom work.

No comments:

Post a Comment