Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To the childfree....how have you enjoyed your life?

I've decided that I don't want kids, I knew since I was 18 and I'm 25 now. To those who have been childfree for a long time, what have you done with your life? In what ways have you enjoyed your life?To the childfree....how have you enjoyed your life?
Most certainly, except for how parents treat me.





I knew I was child-free (even though I didn't know it had a name) when I was 15. I had a vasectomy when I was 21. I am now over 40. Most people say I look 30 at most. I have a passport full of stamps, and plenty of education.





Being child-free is the best thing I ever did.





The only hard part was the label. Many people will call a man ';gay'; if they hear he is 30 with no children. Some will call us ';selfish';. Also in your 20's you will be largely ';booted'; from the ';dating pool';. Sorry to say, but that is how society treats us.





Now that I am in my 40's people treat me with more respect. The ';limited dating pool'; is not such a big deal now, because women my age know what they want.To the childfree....how have you enjoyed your life?
We haven't had kids yet, and we have no immediate plans to.


We get to do whatever we want, we frequently take weekend breaks away, and we go out on dates three to five days a week.





In short, we have a blast.
I am childfree. I am finishing school up and working. I go out with family and friends... But, I do want kids one day.... I'm 26 years old and would love to have children one day.
i am 30 and do not yet have children and that is definitely the best thing for me right now. It is okay not to want children. It is not selfish, just a personal choice. The great thing is we both have plenty of time to decide or change our minds. I will consider the possibility more in 5 years and still have time to have a couple children if I decide i want them. Life can be fulfilling however you decide to make it as long as you follow your own passion and decide for yourself what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment