Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If you were my husband,what will you do?i want childfree,44 years old and husband 57.?

we married 4 years,both first time. was pretty rush,so didnt discuss this before marriage. right now he is constantly asking me to have child and he thinks this is the only way he can be happy all his life. But i really dont have the energy both physical and mental to deal with the child. I rejected but he is trying all kinds of ways to change me including asking church members,relatives to talk to me ,or shouting at me......or if you were me,what should i do?If you were my husband,what will you do?i want childfree,44 years old and husband 57.?
I can only tell you what I did. I have never wanted children, since I was a teenager. My now ex-husband thought he could change my mind, but I knew myself well enough to know that I'd be miserable as a mother, and I eventually left him (for that and other reasons). This is not something you can compromise on, or change your mind after it happens. You might consider marriage counseling, but if neither of you are willing to change their mind it may be best to end the marriage.





To Sleeping Beauty, offspring don't have to be ';a part of life'; and many of us don't want them and would be unhappy with them. No one should have a baby they don't want just to please someone else.If you were my husband,what will you do?i want childfree,44 years old and husband 57.?
He shouldn't be pulling others into your personal life, but he has every right to ask for a child. He's not getting any younger.. and neither are you. If things persist this way you may end up loosing him, offspring is a part of life its not like he's asking for 6 kids or something. If your scared or think you can't handle it just try looking into it, read some books, talk to some other older mothers, you may think you know what having a child is all about when it may be a completely different ball park, and hey when the kid gets older you can always make your husband set the rules and be the bad guy lol. Or make him settle for a dog lol.
He is being selfish if you feel that you are not able to handle bearing a child. For him to yell at you is wrong. If he is not happy now having a child is not going to change that. I can understand his anxieties being that he is as old as he is. This is certainly one thing that couples should discuss before marriage to avoid any problems as you are having now.





I would suggest that both of you seek counseling. Sit in sessions together and work this out. Maybe you two can sit in a meeting with your bishop or pastor or whoever it is and discuss these things as well.
Stand by your decision not to have his child. It would be a huge mistake for you to have a child by this man. Childbirth at 44 is more common now but it is not without risks. I would feel nothing but pity for a baby born to a resentful mother and bullying father who expects the poor babe to ';make him happy.';
i think you should have child. i am 14 but i already have a plan to have boy and girl within 4 years of my marriage. so i thing its time for you to try out.
If you don't want a child, then, you make sure you don't have one. To many kids are being born and not wanted, and they just don't get the love they need.
Stick to your wishes. You'll probably be the one taking care of your child, so don't do it!
You should def go to counseling. There is NO reason for him to yell at you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment