Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can a guy be staunchly childfree-by-choice and then change his mind?

Because I'm 30 years old and I don't want kids, but sometimes I wonder...';what if i find a really gorgeous woman and I wanna make babies?';Can a guy be staunchly childfree-by-choice and then change his mind?
If you change your mind, you were never childfree. You were a fence-sitter, which is fine, but not CF.Can a guy be staunchly childfree-by-choice and then change his mind?
If that happens, then you can make babies. Nothing wrong with that.
You can, if you like.





I know other people that are formerly child-free. Some did OK, others did not. Most regretted not staying child-free in the end.





The gorgeous women might not be so gorgeous after she drops a baby or two, and the two of you can no longer afford the child-free lifestyle.





Some other things to consider:





You are 30. So lets say you meet Mrs gorgeous. How long before you have one or two babies? Lets say #2 is born when you are 40. When you are 56 the cost of your auto insurance will triple because you have two teenage drivers in the house. Just think about that.





I assume Mrs gorgeous will be about your age, right? Well, after age 30, the chances of having a ';down syndrome';, or an ';autistic'; child something like double every 5 years. Do you really want that? I can speak from experience. I had to raise my younger brother who was mentally handy-capped. I know how it feels.





The economy and the cost of living is not going to get cheaper. How do you plan on paying for your future family's' needs?





Just think about it.





All this is enough to make me run out and get a vasectomy today. But, wait, I did that 20 years ago. That is why I have a passport full of stamps, a new Jeep that is paid off, and a pretty good education that I paid for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment