Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why don't a majority of people understand childfree people?

Now I've asked about this topic in the past about me not wanting kids and why girls do want them. And I've gotten a lot of nonsense from people (mostly parents or wannabes) telling I'm too young (19) and I'll change my mind.





Has it ever occured to them that some childfree guys don't like/hate children at all, they're very uncomfortable around kids, childfree people had a rough childhood, and kids aren't for them? Have people ever thought that?





So why don't a majority of people, mostly parents or wannabes, understand childfree people? Can't they understand the reasons I've noted above?





PS: I do wish more people would understand that, and girls in my group too.Why don't a majority of people understand childfree people?
Because they think it's a ';requirement'; of marriage. When in fact it is not. There is more to being married than just adding kids to it. 2 People CAN Be a family. We are living proof of that, and have been married 12 HAPPY Years.Why don't a majority of people understand childfree people?
When I was 19 I felt the same way. I even thought babies were ugly in all honesty. I'm still only 23 right now and I've changed my mind and I'm one of those who will coo at infants haha.


My older sister is 39 and married, but still doesn't want kids. I totally understand that; having kids is a big undertaking, theyre not friggin pet rocks or something.


So for you to say you don't want to take on the huge responsibility of taking care of another human being - I can relate and I understand
Many people desire to live on in someway. The closest thing for most is the passing on of DNA. Those who live on through their work alone go against this grain. They do not have a way to make their work their lasting effect on Earth so they cannot understand childfree people.
I've never want to have kids either. But when i got married, we just decided to have. I do respect your choice tho. I dont think people who dont want to have kids should have kids anyway ..no matter whats the reason behide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment