Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why are career/childfree women stereotyped against?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Sze7R2uSE


This video provoked me to ask this question. I hate this guy.





As a guy, I think a career/childfree woman is my kind of soulmate. Why are career/childfree women stereotyped against? Why does it seem like they have it hard the most?Why are career/childfree women stereotyped against?
I ignore guys like that. I want a guy who wants me to be independent and encourages me to go for my goals, if I ever meet a great guy, I will encourage him too in his goals and in his life. That's how it should be.





Everyone has biases unfortunately, but I think a person should recognize theirs and work on improving and getting rid of them.Why are career/childfree women stereotyped against?
There is a biological imperative against childless women. What I mean is, in order for the species to go on, most women have to want children. Therefore it is genetically programmed into most people to want children. Those who are different or go against the 'herds' mentality will be ostracized and ridiculed. I personally have no problem with women who do not want kids and never have them. My mother never wanted kids but was pressured into ';having'; (in her case adopting) kids to please her and my fathers parents. She was a gawd awful mother! The people I do not understand is the ones who plan kids and then let someone else raise them??? I just don't get it? I would do anything to keep being able to stay home with my son and any other kids we are blessed with!
Women bare children. It only makes sense that men and other women view woman who don't have children as being stupid/ignorant/etc.





Many woman in their 30's realize that they want children, like men, to continue their line- it's a morality thing. But some woman don't. My aunt doesn't want children. My step mom doesn't want children. It's a choice.





But it's a choice that has taken many many many many years to develop.





=)





I think it's great that's your ideal woman, it's going to be more frequent in modern days.
People are too traditional and conventional for their own good. They don't like change and if their power feels threatened, they get angry.
for the same reason that stay-at-home moms are stereotyped against.
I think they have it made!

No comments:

Post a Comment