Thursday, January 21, 2010

Childless by choice/childfree adults! I Have a question?

I posted the question but no answers.


Hey, I have a question for Adults who are childless or childfree by choice.





When did you decide not to have children? (I am a 14 year old guy and I dont' want children its just i wont have the patience for it) (I wouldnt be a fit parent either, i like to enjoy life and i like to do what i like, i want my career to be important, I dont wanna devote myself toa child for 18 years)





What is life like now? For example, are there things that you can do that your friends/relatives with children are not able to do?





Overall, do you think life isn't as stressful as other around you?





And Have people given you a could shoulder or discriminated against you because you have no children?





What is the best aspect of life that you enjoy because of the fact you have no children?





thanks!Childless by choice/childfree adults! I Have a question?
I was about 15 when I decided to be child-free (even though I did not know that I was one of many at the time). I had a vasectomy when I was 21.





Now I am about to turn 43. I am a software developer. My car is paid off. I own a Rolex, and a house with a swimming pool.





My life is far less stressful. I pay no child support. I can not say the same for my friends. My vasectomy cost less than 录 of one months鈥?child support payment.





People have called me a communist, heathen, criminal, and about everything else. The most common thing they call me is gay. There have been women that refused to date me. Yes, I get a headache from the repeated discrimination.





There are people that think it is illegal not to have children. They are the worst abusers.





The best aspect it the fact that I can go anyplace I like when I like.Childless by choice/childfree adults! I Have a question?
I'm 31 and still childless. When I was around 19, I made a list of everything I wanted to do before I had children. I wanted to go to college, own a home, travel the world. I have done pretty much everything on my list except for one, travel to Australia. Growing up I knew I didn't have patience for children. Now that I'm older, I have a lot more patience and I think I'd be able to handle children. I still don't want them until I'm around 36. I figure at that age it's either then or I'll get too old. I know a lot more things now and I think I have a better idea on how to raise kids and would be a better parent. I'm also more established now and would easily be able to give a child a good life.





I have a cousin and an uncle who never had children and now that their older they regret it. Their alone on holidays and no one checks on them regularly. I talk to my mom a few times a week, but my uncle about once a month. I want to have family that will come spend Christmas with me when I'm older. Who will watch over me when I'm old.





Friends of mine started having kids early. And most of them have always given me a hard time. They keep telling me I'll be old with children and they'll be done and out having fun. I tell them I'm glad I had my fun young and am able to do whatever I want whenever I want. I can go out at ten o'clock at night and it's not big deal. They have to arrange a sitter and that hardly ever happens. My three close friends who all had kids as teens do give me a hard time, but their life is much harder than mine. Most of them struggle and wish they had went to college. If I do have kids I am better prepared and more stable finanacially. Friends just want you to be like them. They give me hard times for not having kids, being single and not having responsabilities. When I take off on vacation they even give me a hard time. Most people my age have kids or have been married. Sometimes it's hard for people to see life my way. Even when I do plan to have a family and have their life one day.





My life is very easy. I go to work and that's all I really have to do. I come home, sometimes just fall asleep. I really don't have a lot to do. I always tell my sister, I earned my money, my house is clean, what else do I have to do. I love having the freedom to travel and the freedom of no deadlines or having to be anywhere. I do some volunteer work to use some of my free time. In my career not having a family has helped me. It's not a big deal for me to work late or travel for work. I've gotten ahead that way. Some co-workers do look at me different for being childless, but when I listen to older co-workers they wish they would've waited too.





Some of my friends are miserable and misery loves company. Some of my friends just want to be able to share more with me, but I tell them I'll have children when yours are old enough to babysit so we'll still be able to go out.





I have my responsabilities and I have worked hard in my life. I do have friends who do not have children because they say they are too selfish and want to spoil themselves. Which is ok for them, they spend all their money on things for them. It's all about what your looking for in your life.
Hi there -


I am woman in my 40s. When my husband proposed, we had a serious discussion about kids. I have some medical issues that would make pregnancy difficult, and although I do know that there are other ways of having children, that was a factor, although not the major factor.


I was in my teens as well when I decided I was not ';Mom'; material. I did not like to babysit, and was kind of amazed that my friends would ';ooh'; and ';ah'; over babies. I always say that did not relate well to kids when I was a kid - my friends were always older than me, and many of my friends were actually senior citizens. I knew since I was a child that I wanted to be a nurse, and that was very important to me.


I made a conscious decision to focus energy on my career and education.


Also, it's not just 18 years - it is for that child's life. What if you were to have a special-needs child?


My life now:


Happily married, for 16 years. 2 cats. The vast majority of my friends have grown kids, and are having grandkids.


We are able to travel, spend money a little easier, and make spur-of-the moment plans that our friends are not able to do. Either of us can work overtime whenever.


In all, our lives seems simpler than our friends' lives, and although we have stress in our lives, it is different - it is stress that WE create, not that another individual is creating.


I realize that this sounds selfish - BUT - this was my decision, our decision. Another reason I made the decision is because I thought I was too selfish to have kids!


I do have young people in my life. I have several godchildren, and one young lady in quite an unfortunate situation that we are mentoring.


With regard to discrimination, not so much. I have been treated oddly = most women want to be moms, and I am an anomaly. About the worst thing is when I was working shiftwork, I would be told, ';You can work Christmas Day, you have no kids';, or ';X needs to leave early or come in late or whatever because she/he has kids';, the latter consistantly, not isolated.


The best aspect of my life is that it is MY life.


OK - now the lecture - please make sure that when you become sexually active, you do not accidentally mess up your life! Safe sex!
  • laser cartridges
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment