Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What do you think of ';Childfree'; clubs?

My girfriend and I found out about a ';Childfree'; club. We have attended two events. I was told by ';breeders'; that it was just a ';sex club';, or a bunch of people sitting around complaining about children. I was sceptical, so we joined.





It was great. We sat around and drank. We laughed. We talked about current events, weather, vacations, movies, and such. Nobody's mobil phone rang. Nobody complained about kids, or ever made any ';Childfree'; jokes. In fact, nothing negative was brought up. Most everyone was educated, successful, and world traveled. I never seen so many highly functional people all together at once.What do you think of ';Childfree'; clubs?
I think thats great!


Just a bunch of string free people hanging around and having fun. They have clubs for parents so why not non parents. You cant let parents have all the fun!What do you think of ';Childfree'; clubs?
you didnt have to call people with children ';breeders';...for a second, I thought you were talking about a dog breeder.





Ok, anyway---I think they are perfect for what the purpose is---NO KIDS!


Some people do not agree with a parent that the screaming of their baby is as melodious as a church choir. Some people think it's ANNOYING and hurts the ears! I was in a fancy restaurant for brunch and a proud Daddy said ';my boy's gonna be a rock star'; as the kid screamed and screamed. I said ';I'm sorry, I'm now officially DEAF'; and asked to be moved away from the screaming kid and the rude parents.





There are even ';child-free'; communities---well, in the States they cant discriminate against children, but they can say ';residents over 50 only';, stuff like that.
I think ';Childfree'; clubs are also free of pedophyles...
Good, I hate kids.
Boy oh boy, now there ARE support groups for everything. But being childless myself, I understand getting a sick of hearing ';Why not?'; and ';Why do you hate children?'; and ';Are you a lesbian'; and I don't know whether to barf or go blind. For myself, I'd rather attend a group with some other focus, but with well observed 'no ringers' and 'no grousing about your family' rules. I have never heard a 'Childfree' joke and can't imagina any; care to share?





As to ';highly functional people';, the term fuctional is subjective. Devoting your physical, mental, and social energy to child rearing is a worthwhile function and ought not be trivialized. People who work 40+ hours to SUPPORT their children, and then put additional hours to RAISE them, to PROVIDE them with a clean and healthy home ... well no, such people don't tend to do much ';sparkling'; at non-family centered social functions. They can be real sparkplugs at PTA or Neighborhood Association meeting tho, so don't sell them short.
I see nothing wrong with it. Not everyone has or wants children. It's a free country. If you want to be with other like-minded people there's nothing wrong with it.
it`s up to you

No comments:

Post a Comment