Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I like to be childfree,but husband disagrees. I am 44,and he is 56.?

what is the best way to do. His reasons are everything has risks,child is his hope,childfree means miserable elderhood.





Mine are I totally don't feel like to raise kids even I am a teacher for 40 kids. I am not financially strong,but he said it costs little if we save and the kid will receive scholarship. .....





what should I do?I like to be childfree,but husband disagrees. I am 44,and he is 56.?
1) Children cost money. Period. There's no such thing as raising a child with little cost involved, and if he thinks it's not going to be expensive, he's delusional.





2) Also, as far as education is concerned, there are NO guarantees that any child will get a scholarship. I was one of the top students in my class, and I didn't get one.





3) You're 44 and he's 56. Does he realize that when the child is in high school, you'll be 60 and he'll be 72? In other words, you'll be old enough to be your own child's grandparents.I like to be childfree,but husband disagrees. I am 44,and he is 56.?
If it's a child your husband's after, have you looked into sponsoring a child from a poorer country?





You usually get letters and pictures of the child and you can visit and send them gifts.





It's very fulfilling and rewarding without the complete commitment having a child would force you to make.
!like i said in your previous question, if a person is not ready and due to some circumstances, then why bring children into this world, just for the sake of having children! they are real, not toys!!!and they do grow big and huge!!!and they eat so much and mass everything and everywhere!!!and they dont listen and they run out on the road without you knowing about it!!! then you have to provide them with every eye catchy toy in the shop and you've got to have a lot of money to look after their needs!!!
you need to talk out loud about this,ever thing because this is a two way street not a one way,you will be left raising a child a lone if something should happen to him or your marriage,every one does not have to have a child.this is a hard question for us because it is a life time commitment you can never change your mind.just keep talking about it ,if you stop now you both may start looking for answers else where.good luck. and GOD bless you both.
Just an additional suggestion:


While I don't think you two should have biological children at this point, you could look into the adoption of a loving teenager who needs a home.





Cost-wise: You don't have all the initial cost for diapers and formula.


Health-wise: I don't think 40+ year old women should be pregnant for their sake and the health of the child.


Age-wise: The age gap isn't so noticeable if you adopt a teenager.





Extra bonus: You get a child who will always love you, and the child finally gets a family who will love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment