Thursday, January 21, 2010

To the childfree: Do you make friends with parents?

I'm 25, but I manage to stay away from girls who are my age that have kids. I don't mean to be a snob, I had one friend in college with a kid but she's in another state now, she was a good friend and always kept track of her daughter when we went out together and that was fine with me, but other than that I just avoid parents.





I don't want to get in discussions with them about kids and I don't want them to bingo me ( when parents tell those without kids that they should have kids). Not every parent is as good as my friend was with her daughter.





I also realized that I don't fit in with most soccer mom types. How about the rest of you childfree folks. Do you make friends with parents?To the childfree: Do you make friends with parents?
not really, I have nothing in common with them and all they talk about is kids. I tend to stick around those who are also childless.To the childfree: Do you make friends with parents?
I'm a single mom, and I guess I don't classify myself with the ';Soccer Mom'; types. I actually like to talk about things other than my daughter. Actually, the only time I talk about her is with other parents. I don't think there is anything wrong with not being friends with people who have children. Just don't classify all of us as the same. =) All of my friends are childless and we still manage to have fun and they love my daughter. And I would NEVER pressure someone into having a child. Sorry that I answered, but I thought it would be okay since my answer is on the positive side.
Yea, I see your point. I wouldn't like to have friends with kids, but if I befriended a person and found out after wards that they had a kid I'd be OK with it if I liked them enough. It's just two different worlds and mentalities though. I have a feeling you're gunna get some grief from parents on here though. I'm 21 btw.
My girlfriend and I fit in with almost nobody.





We tried joining a child-free club. It started out well, because nobody talks about kids in any light at all (positive or negative). The club didn't work out because of the large difference in social class. We are middle class, but almost all the members of the child-free club are quite wealthy. Most of them own their own business, or several homes. We could not relate to them because we had nothing in common except the fact that we have no children (and nobody discusses that). What can a middle class couple discuss with a group of people that are yacht club members and travel to Europe three or four times a year?
47 and no kids. Well, all my friends have kids, except the very young ones. Yes its a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment