Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why does it seem that childfree people have it the worse?

Let me point of some facts that we childfree people face.





* Parents or hopefuls often criticize people has no desire for children, calling them despicable names, telling them to go to hell.


* People always predict childfree people under 25 will change they mind, while most of them won't, compare to a minority who do.


* Doctors are very ageist and won't make people permanantly sterile until they're 25.


* Childfree people have more freedom with more oppotunities, while people into parenthood have to spend most of their time with children.


* It quite hard for young guys like me to find girls our age who does not want kids, since there's so many teen pregnancies these days.





I was 15 moving onto 16 when I knew I didn't want kids (no criticism). Do you think people who are in the childfree lifestyle have it very hard when it comes to relationships, and wanting to be permananty sterile at a young age, but may face age discrimination from doctors?Why does it seem that childfree people have it the worse?
You can get a vasectomy any time you want (you only have to be 18). The doctors are just scared you will try to sue them, making some stupid claim that they didn't tell you it was permanent. It happens all the time.





True many breeders are very rude to us, in our workplace. And they get away with it, because HR does not think it is bad for them to pick on you about not having children. They don't think it is the same as bothering you about your race, religion, etc.





We hardly have it worse. I love being able to swim nude in my private pool. I love getting up when I want. I love having lots of stamps in my passport. I love owning things that are not scratched, broken, or covered with fingerprints.





I relish in knowing that many of the breeders have two or three kids by 25. They change their minds, and can't do anything about it. I know that they will be parents of felons.





I had my vasectomy at age 21. I am now almost 42, and quite happy about it.Why does it seem that childfree people have it the worse?
OK so you don't want kids, but how do you have it the worse? Worse than who? I am not following you.


I am sure that most people who know you know it would not be in a childs interest to have you as a parent so don't sweat it just do not complain when you are old and alone and have no one. Not a reason to have kids but a family is really great and just think if your parents were as selfish as you sound then you would not be here to rant about this subject.
I'm older than you, and child free, although I didn't necessarily plan it that way.


Now that I'm older though, I can see that when you're really old, there may be nobody to take care of you, or even to spend time with.


People with kids have a large support group when they get elderly.


You and I will be sitting around bored out of our skulls, wondering how we're going to get to the next doctors appointment.
I have no problem with child-free people.





However, you have an icecream cone's chance in hell in finding a doctor that will sterilize you at 16.





And I'll tell you that when I was 16, I didn't want kids either...like really didn't and I didn't want to get married either...but things changed.





They may or may not change for you, but why do something permanent anyway? It's like when getting that armband tattoo seemed like such a good idea 10 years ago...
I am a young adult and I am so thankful that I don't have any kids yet. My roomates are 20-21 and they just had a baby. I am so glad that I took the smart road and will be well prepared IF I ever decide to have kids. It seems like people look at me like I should have kids or I'm missing out on something. I'm pretty happy with the way things are now.
People in Haiti have a corrupt government and are so hungry they are resorting to eating cookies made of dirt.





My point is, there are a lot more important things to be upset about than someone wondering why you've chosen not to have kids. I mean really, it's sort of silly.
You made your choice to be child free. Who cares what other people think? Stop dwelling on the negative and then you won't have so many concerns.





BTW I have five and wouldn't have it any other way, but it's not for everyone. Enjoy life, don't complain!!
some people just know kids are not for them. I know two people who said that they do not ever want kids. They are both living great lives.
We have this idea that you cannot be a ';complete'; family without children
Wow, tough life. The doc won't steralize you.





Honestly, I've never heard someone with kids call someone else mean names or tell them to go to hell just because they don't have kids. Ever.
Wait it out until you're 18. They can't refuse you then. In the meantime, condoms, my friend. Condoms.
I'm child free people,I feel like I have the worst because I don't have a kid.It's not by choice.Thank-you very much.
Yeah...I think there are definite downsides because society is so ';lets raise a family'; and ';lets have kids, 'cause you know, there's not enough people on this planet already!';


lmao


Sure, it has its problems and nuisances, but childfree people DEFINITELY aren't the people who'r worse off.





I just feel bad for people with kids. The ONLY upside is having someone to call you and visit during holidays when you're old.


Have you seen some of these parents though?!! They let themselves go, they start living vicariously through their children, they're so stressed about finances and college and so many other things that go along with children.


I don't know why anyone would want to deal with that kind of stress for 18+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment