Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Are you childfree?

Have you made the choice to be childfree ?if so why or when did you make this decision?for me i was 14 and it came as a natural choice for me how about you,people said i would change my mind but im 28 now and i still havent.Are you childfree?
Yes. I don't think I ever consciously made the choice, I have just never liked the idea of being a mom. I never even wanted to play with dolls as a kid, although I used to assume that when I got older my maternal instinct would kick in and I'd want some. It just never did. Luckily I found a guy who also has no desire to be a parent.





People said I would change my mind, too. I also get called selfish a lot. Some people just cannot wrap their minds around anything ';different';.Are you childfree?
I made the choice to be child free at about 18. At age 25 I starting having some second thoughts. (I was more settled, less impulsive, more selfless, more inclined to want children, and a few other reasons.)





I'm 31 now and the debate is still ongoing, lol. At this point in my life I'd honestly be happy either way; and to me that's a sign that I'm really HAPPY with my life. Anything more than I have right now is gravy.





Let me tell you, not everything in my life has gone exactly according to all the plans I made when I was younger. Life has a way of throwing you curve balls sometimes that can derail plans in ways that you don't expect. Don't let it bother you too much when people scoff and say, ';oh, you'll change your mind,'; but don't be all that surprised if it does actually happen.
I'm childfree right now because I'm finishing up 2 degrees and trying to work full time. Plus, I love traveling and I'm still pretty ';self serving'; in the sense of material things. At this stage of my life, I'm spending way too much money on all- inclusive trips, expensive shoes and nice furniture for my house to bring a child into this world.





After I'm finished school and have enough pairs of shoes and handbags (haha only partially kidding), I think I'll start thinking about children. I want to be 100% ready both financially and emotionally when I decide to have a baby, but I think that's at least 5 years away still for me. I think I'd like to get about 20 more pairs of shoes by then...lol...I have a problem hahaha
Yes I am. And I made the decision when I realized I really didn't have what it took to be a good mother. I wasn't and am not selfless enough.





I only wish more women would think long and hard about it before becoming mothers...it isn't a job for everyone, just because you have the ability, physically, to give birth...
Yes I am - have always felt this way as far as I know - like you say, a natural choice. Have tried to change my own mind on the subject once or twice, but I don't think it can be done, or not by me anyway. I'm 30 and can't see myself changing my mind in the next 10 years, so looks like I will always be this way - and am very happy about that :-)
Yes, I'm young (17) and I've already decided I'm going to be childfree.I just don't see myself living life as a parent. I know this married couple who's social life is virtually non-existent because their entire schedules revolves around these two spoiled kids. No thanks, call me selfish if you must but that's just not the life I'm looking for.
Yes, I am childfree. I never decided to be childfree forever, but I did make the decision to go to grad school and get my degree. I happened to remain single throughout that time. I'm still single and perfectly content. I'd consider having children if I got married (or even if I didn't, as I'm in a position to care for a child on my own).
I was child free up until age 38, when I got pregnant by accident.





I adore my daughter to pieces, and can't imagine life without her. It's an overwhelming love no one can explain to you until you experience it.





HOWEVER...it's a ton of work and it's certainly not for everybody, so I respect the choices of people who choose to remain child free.
I am happily childfree and plan to remain that way for many reasons. I knew I didn't want children since I was a kid. My parents kept telling me I would change my mind but the older I get the more convinced I am of this decision.


Motherhood is just not for me, and I have much better plans for my life.
I was 16 when I decided to be childfree. I'm 18 now and I have yet to regret making that decision. I'm childfree because I don't trust myself to be a good mother, and there are too many other things I want to do with my life.
The best feeling in my life was growing up in a big family. True we argued as sibs do but there is another side.. I love my children dearly and my life could never have held this much love and purpose without them. I'm happy I chose to be a mom.
I decided when I was 13 to be child-free....I then got pregnant at 16 (in-spite of birth control)...oops. I am now almost to the point of being child-free again. I love my son and he's a wonderful young man but I really am looking forward to having my independence back.
Yes, I am happy to be childfree.


I have never wanted to be a mum....except to my animals.
I will be childfree forever. Decided based on the bad experiences my sister has with her kids.
55 and still loving being childfree.
I'm childfree currently but after I get married, I plan to have a soccer team...lol, j/k y'all, lighten up.
every other weekend...lol
Still deciding. I might want a son to pass on my wisdom to.. however, there is no guarantee my son will not become a useless, whipped, ignorant moron when he becomes a teenager and rebel against me. As for having a daughter.. if she becomes a feminist I will CRY... I may never get over it.





So I'm still deciding...

No comments:

Post a Comment