Thursday, January 21, 2010

If a man is childfree, do most women have the power to change him?

Can women really change men? Because I despise those who try to as much as women who want kids (I never want kids).





There were some cases (from what I've read in questions and answers from female wannebe parents) where women successfully changed their husbands into wanting kids. Now I don't like kids. So if a woman tried to change me, the relationship is over. Which is why I'm going to wait longer to find the right one.





If a man never wants kids, do most women really have the power to change their minds? What makes a woman think that she could?








PS: No ';If you love her, you'll change'; or simple rude answers.If a man is childfree, do most women have the power to change him?
Indeed, I do not want kids either. I want a woman who grows a career, not children. I hope there are women out there who don't want kids either, but I am not going to get my hopes up too much.





Some women on the internet claim that the ';Biological clock'; stuff is all fake BS and women don't feel a biological need to have kids, but all the women I have met in real life say that they will eventually want kid(s).





If she loves you as you ARE, she wouldn't ask you to change.If a man is childfree, do most women have the power to change him?
People change because they want to, not because someone else has ';power'; over them. Some men agree to have kids after they're married because it's easier than fighting about it, and they want to stay married.





Some men who agree to it find that they actually like having kids. Some don't. Women don't have magical powers, any more than men do. People change; their needs change, and their desires change. The idea that the person you marry will stay the same forever is idiotic, and I expect a lot of marriages fail because people go into it with that expectation.
Hi and the perfect solution for you is to show the woman who wants you to change your mind about children- the movie ';Idiocracy';. Once she sees that- she'll be running for some sort of protection. Another thing is why would you be with a woman who wants to change you? I think that those types are found to be shallow. If you love someone- you will let them be themselves and desperately try NOT to change someone.Good luck and peace out!
When you find the RIGHT one you may want to go that extra step and build a family. Or you may find one with your viewpoint. If you are really secure in your thinking then you should have a vasectomy.





I am not sure why you would despise women who want children. Is someone who wants children okay if they decide to despise you for not wanting children?
It's easy, talk about how you never want to get married. Women who want children will be scared away, but women who don't will be more attracted. The only good reason to get married nowadays is for the sake of the children.





Why the thumbs down? Can't handle the truth?
when you actually fall for a woman you'll pretty much do what ever it takes to make momma happy. And if she's good she'll make you think it was your idea to.
there is a solution to this.snip snip
what happends when a woman doesnt want kids but the man does?
I think it would be very unwise for a woman to marry a man who didn't want children and just assume that she could change him. I wouldn't have much sympathy for a woman in this position.





However, sometimes both man and woman think they don't want children when they marry, but one or other changes their mind later. I have read of this happening quite often on the Marriage and Divorce section on here.





In this case, I am sorry for the person who has changed their mind and now wants children, but I don't think the other person should feel obliged to fall in with their wishes. However, in that case I would think it better if they parted, because once you have the urge to have children it is unlikely to go away, and you would be better off looking for someone who shares your feelings.
I am 23 and female, Yes I know that is young but I do not want children and as far back as I can remember I have not wanted children. Plain and simple. What's worse is trying to explain this to people since most believe it to be the natural life cycle of a woman. Play with dolls, grow up, bare foot and pregnant for years to come, raise 1-4 children, die. Bleh people act like I am wasting my life! I have so much I want to do and certainly not enough time to do it ALL! I do have nephews who I love with all of my heart but I believe this isn't the life I was meant to have.


I have been with my current boyfriend for 5 years now and do sometimes worry that his decision will change due to pressures from his family..Mine won't and that will just have to be the end of that, okay that's another story!





Now my brother on the other hand is one of those guys who did not want children. I do however think he would have had a child anyway but under different circumstances wouldn't have with this woman. Children are too often used to cover up hurt feelings and bad relationships, this is unfortunate but it happens more than most would ever dream. That would describe my brothers situation in a nut shell.
Good luck with finding that right one. Although I don't understand one who doesn't want children, I respect the fact fact that you clearly know exactly what you want.





Some women go into relationships with blinders on. Some of my girlfriends have even said about their men....he wants it, he just doesn't know it yet. They are hurt once their men dig their heels in and say no.





I think IF a man changes his mind on this topic, it happens for several reasons.....he really did want children and it took an event to make him see this or some men are just pleasers and will do whatever to please their women. Some men probably do change their minds due to the love of their woman.





We think we can change gay men to be straight, we think we can make men love us even when they don't.....its all because we wear that ';S'; on our chest.






Sure it's possible that you might change your mind, but not always likely if you feel so strongly. And depending on your age, no doubt it would become even less likely as the years progress.





That is why you need to be honest with people and marry a woman who shares your desire to not have children.





Sure a woman could try to get her own way, by simply skipping the birth control, but it may create resentment in the husband and ruin the marriage. Big decisions, including having a child, need to be group decisions.








Edit: Just be sure you get complete honesty in return and don't end up marrying someone who agreed simply to get you and figured they'd change you later.
I think people can change.





I think it is up to the individual if they want to change their minds or not. Like you don't want kids right, so if you really love someone maybe your mind will change about wanting kids. Other then that reason I don't feel that it's necessary to change your mind about wanting kids. It's up to you.





I personally don't want kids but if the man I end up with wants kids then I am open to changing my mind about it.





t's the same with opinions you may disagree with a person and the other person may persuade you to change your opinion.





So I think women and men included have the power to change their minds or someone else's, you just need to be open to changing.





But if your changing a persons mind for your own selfishness then that is not ok with me. That is very selfish.
I surely hope not. This type of relationship seems a mess to begin with. First off these people haven't discussed what they want out of it and then one is manipulative and the other can't stand up for something as important to have children or not! I wonder how many divorces relationships like this are responsible for.





My husband and I both want kids in the future. That is one reason why we married one another.


I think it is great you know what you want and are not willing to bend you desires for someone else. Kids are a big deal, whether you do want them, or you don't. My sister is dead set on not having kids (she doesn't like them either)...perhaps I should introduce you to her. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment