Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Women: Would you date a childfree man?

I have a single male friend who's incredibly attractive but does not want to have children. He cannot find a woman who wants to date him because of this.





Are childfree women like me really that rare? Would you ever consider dating a man who was admittedly childfree? Would whether he had a vasectomy or not influence your decision?





Assume for the sake of argument that he's a good person, friendly, charming, intelligent attractive -- loads of qualities that would otherwise make him a good match for you.





I was fortunate enough to find a likeminded guy to marry and settle down with, but I don't understand how women who DO want children someday think.





Enlighten me, please. :)Women: Would you date a childfree man?
I am a childfree man. I also happen to be a Buddhist, so maybe I am qualified to “enlighten” you. – Pun intended.





I used to have the same dating problem. Back in my 20’s there were almost no Childfree women to be found. I just dated women that already had kids.





Today 1 in 5 women, in the USA, are childfree. His options are much better. I’d just look for an online Childfree dating site, if I was him. I met my girlfriend on the net, and she is Childfree.Women: Would you date a childfree man?
i dated a child-free man for about 3 months. it was ok and he was an ok guy, but, for the fact that he has no children, he cannot understand. therefore, i knew that relationship wouldn't last.
Go with your heart.
if u have the same perspective in life, why not? But before you agreed on something like that, ask yourself first 100X if you dont really want to have a so-called ';family'; ? not just a husband or a companion... if you could answered straight YES... then go ahead, now adays its so hard to find a good person like him
I wouldn't date a man who DID want children! So, yes, I would definitely date a man who didn't want children, and a vasectomy would be a plus in my book.
I don't want children either and finding a guy with that mindset would lovely.
i don't want kids either so a childfree man is perfect for me. everybody's different. if one person wants a kid and the other one doesn't that can become a problem. you two are looking for different things and right now it's not a big deal but in the future that time is going to come. to me children takes too much responsibility and patience and to start off too much pain, that's why i don't want any. however no matter how good looking someone is, do what makes you happy. if you two want the same thing, that's good but if not don't make yourself miserable because in the end one of you two are going to have regrets
he must be dating young women or women with bio clock ticking. maybe he should date women who have kids already and dont want anymore. even some women who cant give birth may still want to have kids by other means.
There are women out there who has the very same aspiration as this guy; they dont want to have children either. I do, however, think that men and women who go through these phases of life change their answer once they find that one true person they really love. I've seen it happen more than once. I would date a man who does not want children, but that's all it would be; a date. I would do anythng else with him because he has already told me he doesnt not want to have a life with me.
I think that this an important decision for a couple I would not date a guy who does not believe in marriage because I do I think that many women dream of the two children house cars and husband so yes this will harm him in the long run unless he finds the rare woman that does not want to have children
I would first date a man who didn't one children then one who did and was a bad father. So my answer is yes I would. I know many women who are pass 30's and didn't have children some don't want any. And I know a few adult men also that don't have children. It's good that he is upfront about not wanting children. I know of a woman who married a man who she knew didn't want kids. She on purpose let herself get pregnant. She was hoping once the baby was born he would change his mind. Now the man resents the child and her. The baby because he didn't want to be a father and all that comes with it. Her because the way he sees it, she knew before hand. Now the infant suffers because the father dislikes him. For no other reason then existing. This is why I think it is very good for him to be honest about it. And let the women know that this is something important. And if at some time he changes his mind fine. But at the moment if this is how he feels it should be respected. I myself wasn't planing on having children. Do to my bad childhood. I had abusive parents both thought only of themselves before the kids. Then once an adult I changed my mind. I had one. I was so sick during the pregnancy that I decided not to have any more. And had my tubes tied. The one I have, I've done my best to be a good parent to. As far as parents go. She has way better parents then I did. The way I see it she is my child not my property. And has an adult I watch what I do. I don't live a wild life and then expect the child to be a saint as many others do. She's not perfect but all in all she has been a good kid. She will be an adult soon. And I hope she will take into account what she has learned from being my child when and if she decides to have children herself some day.
You'll want kids soon...he will sometime (Usually) but you will first...and probably even irritate the guy

No comments:

Post a Comment