Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why do people think Childfree have all the time in the world to baby-sit?

I get this all the time. “Can I bring my kids to your house?”. “Tommy wants to hang at your house”. I have nothing to offer “Tommy”. ';Can Tommy spend the weekend with you?';.





Am I wearing a Scoutmaters' uniform, or somthing?





I am 42. There are no toys in my ';man cave';. My back yard swimming pool is clean because no kids live here. There is no lifeguard. I have no fence around my pool. My large TV has no fingerprints or scratches in the screen. I have lots of glass and ceramic things. Some are collector’s items that can’t be replaced. My cactus garden is not “kid friendly”. My dog will bite “Tommy” when he hits his brother. I have no cool-aid, candy, or sugared soda. I have 70 bottles of liquor, some are collectors’ items, and most have never been opened. I have guns, knives, and power tools. None of them are locked up.





My girlfriend and I swim, and watch TV nude. She has no use for children.





Most of my neighbors are retired, and have no use for kids.Why do people think Childfree have all the time in the world to baby-sit?
Some people are just ignorant like that, especially parents. Society does not respect people who never wants kids.





They need to realize that kids aren't for everyone and some childfree are not interested in baby-sitting. I mean, if parents see that they never want kids, whats the point of having the childfree baby-sit for them?





If they want you to baby-sit, just decline.Why do people think Childfree have all the time in the world to baby-sit?
if your home is really so uninviting to children why do people want to bring them there? and more importantly, why can't you just say ';no';? If you aren't setting boundaries you have no reason to get pissed when people ask you to babysit! In my opinion babysitting is like feeding a stray cat. Do it once, and you'll have to do it all the time. Just exercise the ';no'; more often.
LOL....thats funny. I don't know. Tell them to find someone else to babysit. Simply tell them ';I didn't choose to not have kids, so that I could babysit other peoples';. They won't ask again.
They are looking for a free sitter.





The people that ask this of you must know you well, or they would not ask. They see you as trustworthy. Either that or they think you have a “firm hand” and that is what they feel their kids need.
I have no idea. But if you are talking about your nephew I sure hope you can be a little more accommodating for the sake of family harmony and unity.
Simple, they don't think you have your fair share of misery; people can be such wonderful, sharing creatures sometimes.
People try to do this to me as well.





When they bring them over I ';walk on eggs';. I am so afraid they will touch something.





I think they are just trying to get away from their kids for a while.
I have no idea you are probably very into your own life
It's rude - tell them NO!
some people need to get creepy pennies
who is wanting to bring their children to your home?
I understand how you feel. I'm a stay at home mom, so all the working moms I know think I have all the time in the world to watch their kids. I stay home with my kids because it is important to me to raise my kids and have this time with them...I'd run a daycare if I wanted to raise everyone else's kids.





I know my situation is different than yours, but the feeling is the same. Just be firm with these people. Say ';I have my own life, and that doesn't include caring for your children.';
I have no idea. Absolutely none. My kids wouldn't be comfortable at a home like that. They barely like going to my own parents to visit because it's not completely kid crazy there.


If I were you, I would simply tell you that you're nude half the time. ha ha! You'll never EVER get asked to babysit again. I promise.


I also think it's odd that any parent would want to leave their child with a child free grown MAN. Not to be rude (I swear) but I wouldn't leave my children with a grown man with no kids of his own. What are these parents thinking?????


I wonder who else they leave their kids with.


Not all parents are like this- believe me. Some of us actually have great kids that we like to watch and take care of ourselves. There is just something wrong with the parents you know. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment