Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Are you childfree-by-choice in the south?

If so, what kind of reactions do you get from people when you tell them they are childfree? Do you avoid the topic when it comes to your career for fear of losing a chance of advancement and other repercussions because of your views? Do you know many other childfree individuals? (I'm in Arkansas, and I know maybe two who are declared ';childfree.';)Are you childfree-by-choice in the south?
Yes I live in Tennessee and have no kids and don't want any. Whenever I get an urge (which is rare these days) I just borrow my sister's kids for a day and that does the trick. I honestly don't see the appeal of raising kids. I have come to the conclusion that I am just too selfish and immature as a person to handle fatherhood.


As for other folks around here, they react with mild surprise and curiosity when they find out i don't have or want kids. My mom has finally stopped hassling me for grandkids now that my sister has popped out a couple for her to spoil.


I only know one other childless couple and they are infertile and don't want to adopt.Are you childfree-by-choice in the south?
no
Yep I'm childfree by choice.





I love kids but i don't want to have another human around to worry myself over.


I take care of my father and I'm sick of worrying.


';Is he all right? Did he get enough to eat? Is he sick?';





If I have a kid that's more worrying.


And with more worrying I would be dead from the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment