Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why do people pressure childfree friends/ aquaintances into having kids?

It is kind of like how married people are always trying to pair off their single friends. It validates their own personal choices? Do you have any theories?Why do people pressure childfree friends/ aquaintances into having kids?
That is because they are narrow minded, and can’t see things any other way. They ask themselves questions like:





When should I have children?


Who should I have children with?


How many children should I have?





But the question, “Do I even need to bother with children?” never crosses their mind. They believe that it is compulsory to have children. They can’t comprehend the choices of a child-free person. They almost feel as though we are committing a crime.


Why do people pressure childfree friends/ aquaintances into having kids?
I am not sure what movie, but I know what you are speaking of.

Report Abuse



The movie was Police Academy. The two guys are like ';take it all off'; and then Steve Guttenberg comes in and says, ';just take a little off the top'; while the guys are standing with their jaws wide open. The barber looks at the both of them and says, ';Hey, this isn't the army!';

Report Abuse



People who have chosen to have kids have had to make sacrifices - less time and money for themselves - and they are going to have to sacrifice their own ambitions for at least 20 years per child. In fact, they may never realise their potential at all. In addition, any woman who has had children has sacrificed her figure.





So when they see people choosing to not have kids, getting on in their careers, having great holidays and spending money on themselves, going out whenever they want to, wherever they want to ........ I think it often upsets them. They think we are selfish. My point of view however, is that everyone has the right to choose their own path, and they chose theirs so really they should butt out.






Well, it's wrong to do so, but I can only guess as to why this occurs as I am not one of those who pressure my friends into having kids. Having children is one of, if not the, most rewarding and fulfilling accomplishments in life. They are beautiful and very much a gift (from whom, I'm not quite sure.) It is only natural to want those that you love to experience wonderful things...hence encouraging them to have kids. I am of the mind, however, that not everyone is meant to have children. In fact, there are some people out there with kids who should not have had them (or given them up for adoption where they at least had a chance to have a better life) because they are sub par parents. I will never pressure anyone to have kids because not everyone is ready when I think they should be (or when society says so.) Some people never will be, and that's fine. I would never want anyone to pressure me if I didn't have my son. Do unto others, as they say.
I don't know the answer to that. I see the same thing with religion. The second someone declares that they are an atheist, you have tons of religious fanatics that think it is their life's mission to change you-- all in the name of Jesus.





Honestly, there needs to be MORE people who choose NOT to have kids.


So, good for you.
because society wants to keep the population going so years of generations can think, act, and do things that they do.
So they can compare whos kid is better

No comments:

Post a Comment