Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why do people always make these excuses to childfree people?

From what I've experienced, people (mostly parents or hopefuls) always said...





';You're too young to be making this decision';


';Who will take care of your when you're older?';


';Children are a blessing and a gift in marriage';


';If you want to get married, then be prepared to have children';


';No girl/guy would want you if you don't want kids or went permanantly sterile';








I'm could be missing more quotes. But the question is, why do people always make these lame excuses to childfree people?Why do people always make these excuses to childfree people?
';Child-free,'; there's a PC term if ever there was one. IMHO there is nothing greater in this world than being a parent. I feel sorry for people who for whatever reason can't, or don't want to, see that. If someone wants to be ';child-free'; though then I could really care less. I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince him or her otherwise. Most importantly though for the sake of the potential children in question, it's better for yourself and other ';child-free'; people to be non-parents rather than bad parents.Why do people always make these excuses to childfree people?
Well, I know that I never make those kinds of comments to childfree adults. Not everyone wants to be a parent, and not everyone who is a parent should be a parent. When you make a choice to not have children, that should be respected.


I think the reason people make these lame excuses is because they are programmed by society, religion, whatever, that procreation is the normal course of things. In my opinion, they are robots and probably most of them fit in the category of being parents that shouldn't be if they are that insensitive or brainwashed.
It's just the way it is, the next step in the natural progression of things. You get married, you have kids. Some people don't understand that some people don't want them. But, I agree with the other lady who said that people who don't want them don't always understand why people would. Two way street. I don't have kids and I get both sides. ';You're smart to wait'; and ';What are you waiting for?'; It's no one else's business, and that's all there is to it. It's too personal of a decision for anyone to really say anything.
I don't know but it's disturbing. My neighbour is a 75 yr old never married virgin. I have seen pics of her as a youth and she was GORGEOUS. She was raised to not have sex until she was married, and she stuck by it. She wanted to be educated, well travelled and cultured and before she knew what happened, she was what she termed an ';old maid.';


People who don't have children have made a choice. It dosn't have anything to do with not being attractive or many other excuses that people throw their way.
People nowadays do not understand the concept of personal choice and privacy.


We have one child. We hear things like....


';Your child will grow up weird.';


Your child will grow up selfish.';


';Your child will grow up lonely.';


And my personal favorite...


';Your child is so beautiful. You owe it to the world to have more.'; (We have plenty of ugly genes in our gene pool!)


My advice to you is to not mention your desire to not have children. When the subject comes up (and we all know it will), just shrug your shoulders and say, ';That is a personal decision which is between my spouse and me.';


Be well. Enjoy the life you have chosen for yourselves.
I don't know. I try to mind my own business. But it could be the same reason people with no kids or people who only have one or two always make the comments:


(to those of us with more than 2 kids)


';Have you figured out what's causing that yet?';


';You have HOW many kids?';


';Are you done yet?';








Don't feel so singled out...we all get it!
These are all ridiculous. I've heard of couples without children. Some people think ids are a blessing, but you have your own opinion. There are men.women out there also interested in being child free, so I don't know why people say that.
Because wanting children is a societal normalty.





But, just because a person or persons choose to be childfree, does not give ';societal norms'; the right to judge or make comments.
because they have no life and no ability to mind their own business!! everyone has a right to decide their 'family' preferences. AND they have a right to not be judged.
Because they were raised by wolves. They are ignorant and crass. Anyone who talks like that in 2008 needs help that you cannot give them.
People are allowed to have kids...or not.....its all up to each individual....





Why would you feel like when someone says '; why people with kids are so judgy , having kids isnt a '; having a happy life forever '; free card ? ';.
To make this simple, no one HAS to have kids if they don't want to. There's always free will. I agree with Janet above me where not everyone that has kids should really have them.
klm.

No comments:

Post a Comment