Friday, January 15, 2010

Why are people quick to judge me I'm single and childfree I thought that was a good thing?

Ok its like I'm horrible for not having kids. Also the facet I don't have kids I should be out partying every night. What is the deal?Why are people quick to judge me I'm single and childfree I thought that was a good thing?
It is the same people that hammer us about religion.





I don’t know where you live, but I live in the American Southwest were most everyone is Hispanic Catholic. I get told I will “burn in Hell” if I don’t make babies. I also was ostracized when I was in the military back in the early 90’s. I was called, “gay”, and sent to a shrink.





They judge you because they can. Don’t try to say anything back. HR will side with the aggressor, as they feel better about terminating a person with no family.





The good news is they let up as you get older. I told people when I was in high school that I wanted no children. At my twenty years high school reunion I found out that a lot of the others had no children. The ones that did called me smart.





Next time someone says anything “smart” to me about not having children, I will just show them my Rolex, and the stamps in my passport.





Sometimes I tell people that it is 10,000 times better to regret not having children than to regret having them. I know plenty of people that regret having them, but nobody that regrets not having them.Why are people quick to judge me I'm single and childfree I thought that was a good thing?
Forget others opinion of your current living situation. It's a positive situation for you if you are not ready to have the responsibility required when you produce a child. Now then, I have no idea of your gender, age, and employment. Personally, I am 40 y o, have no kids, nor do I want any. My 4 sisters have contributed my DNA into the gene pool, and that works for me. I enjoy adventure, learning, travel, my profession, the lack of responsibility that reproduction requires, and have a significant partner who has no kids, nor does he want any. Anyway, just focus on your priorities, and be honest with yourself.
The grass is always greener, and people feel jealous that you are still free whilst they've been tricked into doing what's ';expected'; of them. They feel bitter having sleepwalked into becoming THEIR parents and now want to stick it to you for not feeling compelled to have done the same as they did.


I wouldn't worry about it.


Be who you want to be, and don't give a toss what others think of you.



it's a life decision that you made for yourself at this point in your life. it is neither right nor wrong. it's just your personal decision. you are not a bad person for choosing it. i applaud you for standing up and making a decision that is perfect for you. i also applaud you for deciding that it is okay for you not to be a party person every night. it's no ones decision to make but yours and if people can't accept that the problem is theres.
It is a good thing. You are smarter than the breeders and they are jealous. You have a life and they do not. Incidentally I have grown children and am very happy that they are out of the house and I have my life back..
Misery loves company
Breeders are just stupid that's all. I'm childfree and I faced the same kind of harassment.
More detail...Like maybe your age?
  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment