Sunday, January 17, 2010

For those who prefers to be childfree... like me for example?

Has your parents ever gotten on your case for preferring to be childfree? Do it annoy you when they do that? Do it also annoy you when people call you selfish for not wanting kids? Can't people understand that some people aren't mean't to have children?For those who prefers to be childfree... like me for example?
I'm 39 and childfree. My parents have given up.





One of the reasons I've decided to not have kids is that I have a lot of health problems, most of which are genetic and would be passed on to children. People say stupid stuff like ';you'd still love your children even if they were sick.'; Well, that's not the point! The point is that I refuse to deliberately inflict suffering on another human being by passing on defective genes! I don't know why some people just don't get that.





I've never really wanted kids, though. I babysat as a teenager and I would count down the minutes until the parents returned. I know people say ';It's different when it's your own.'; Yeah, it's different, alright. There's no one coming to take over for you! There's only you, 24/7! No thanks!





And to those who think that people who don't want children are selfish: do you really want selfish people to have kids? The world's full of miserable children with selfish parents. Why add to the suffering?





Besides, if everyone were meant to have kids, Children's Services wouldn't have to exist. We have a foster family in our church, and the stories of some of the kids they get would break your heart.





Most people I've met, though, respect my decision. I've never regretted it. Sometimes during one of those ';Kodak Moments'; I'll think about how nice it would be to have a kid to share it with, but those are few and far between and always go away after about ten minutes. Hope this helps.For those who prefers to be childfree... like me for example?
It should always be a matter of choice. People who do not want children should not be pressured.
I'm childfree. Luckily my parents and my in-laws are very supportive. No one has called me selfish yet. If anyone does, I won't care. If I cared about what they thought, I would have kids to fit in. People do need to realize that some people aren't meant to have kids or don't want to have them.
Hey,you shouldnt let people tell you that you should have kids. I understand that not everyone wants kids, and yes, it should be ok to choose that option.


Stick to your guns!!
I am not childfree, in fact I have two.





however... No matter WHAT your reasons are for choosing not to have children, I don't think that should be an issue to anyone.





To me it doesn't matter if your reasons include health, religion, or just plain ';selfishness'; - whatever reasons you have are legitimate, and I give you props for recognizing that you don't want, can't handle, or will not have children. Good for you! Means alot to me, to hear people take their fertility in their own hands, and not have children if they don't want to for whatever reason.





People who feel pressured into having children, sure they may ';love them in the end'; but come on, why do that if it's not what you want. I'm all about ';selfishness'; when it comes to people not wanting kids. If you don't want them, don't have them! Plain and simple! I can't stand hearing people trying to talk childfree couples into wanting babies. I would be furious if someone tried to tell me not to have babies, to abort my babies, to give my babies up for adoption, so I can see how it could be infuriating to hear ';you should have babies, even though you don't want to';!





Do what you do, and ignore the rest.
Doesn't it seem kind of counter-intuitive to ask a question about being child free in the parenting section?





But yes, I agree that some people aren't meant to have children. You can't stop your parents from wanting to be grandparents though.
O my gosh were going threw the same thing, I'm not


sure if I can even have kids do to A surgery that I had, but


even if I could I feel to worn down and busy with my life


right now, I posted A question the other stated that I


thought the world was getting to bad to bring A child


in and people didn't like that to well but there is so much


violence and hatred and I would rather just be child-less


do to this, alot of people think your selfish but the way I


look at it at least your thinking ahead and being mature


about the decision. I say what ever makes you happy you


should do because your the one that will be responsible


for this child, Hey you never know maybe in the future it


will be right for you maybe timing is the problem right now !!


Good Luck.
I made the choice when I was about 15. I told my parents and my father said I should go to prison for not having children. He mouthed off to several relatives and his friends and they said everything from, “You will burn in Hell”, to “You will regret that”.





When I turned 18 I was refused for a vasectomy, then again at 19, or so. I got serious at 21. I was refused by the county hospital, which referred me to a private non-profit clinic, which gave me what I wanted with no questions asked. Nobody bothered me about it.





I get a lot of “abuse” in the workplace when it comes to this issue. I have been told I will “burn in Hell”, or called “gay”. I just blow them off.





We are many, and growing. There are now five child-free people in my workplace. Most of them post pictures of other people’s kids so they will not be bothered.





The general population will not accept us, because they are closed minded.
If the reasons aren't selfish than yes.


If you have health problems, have angry managment problems, etx. Then you shouldn't have kids. How about using your spare time to do volunteer work with kids. Read to children or babysit.
well i think that everyone is ment to have children now that being said i will explain, i think that in due time you will want to have children, but having them dosnt mean that youshould do it now, if you arent ready what kind of life can you give a child, now unless you are 40 something and say youdont ever want children, then i am sure that someday you will change your mind! to not want to have kids young is not selfish! it would be worse to bring a kid into this world that you just didnt want to take care of yet! it will happen to you eventually, you will want one! i just pray for you that when the time comes its not to late!








CHINA HAS A POPULATION CONTROL BECAUSE AFTER 1 FEMALE BORN THE REST EITHER GET KILLED OR SENT TO USA!!! CHINA CAN HAVE ALL THE BOYS THEY CAN STAND, SO LEARN YOUR HISTORY THERE BUD!!! IN THE USA WE DONT KILL BABY'S CAUSE OF THERE SEX!
They way I figure it if people don't want kids, then why make them have them? Thats why so many babys are up for adoption, because people get babys and don't want them ya know? So its not selfish, if your parents want a baby so bad tell them they should have another one...or ADOPT one. lol.
What upsets me are parents that have too many kids and can't even control them. I believe in a zero population growth. China seems to be doing something about this, but the illegals in the USA seem to be popping out anchor babies like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment