Sunday, January 17, 2010

Donor egg/sperm, adoption or childfree living?

If you or your spouse were faced with the inability to concieve on your own (ie you don't produce sperm or eggs) what would you prefer to do?? Donor egg/sperm would mean it's 50% one of you genetically, adoption meaning it's neither genetically or just deciding to live a life without children. Thanks for answering Donor egg/sperm, adoption or childfree living?
My husband %26amp; I maybe in that same boat. What I mean is his sperm is health but my eggs may not be responding the fertility drugs. I would like to use a donor egg. My husband would prefer to adopt.Donor egg/sperm, adoption or childfree living?
I am still TTC (this is only my first month). Hubby and I have talked and, for right now, we have decided that if something is wrong that it my be the higher power, or nature, telling us not to pass on our genes. (Hard I know when you really want children). So our backup plan is adoption. There are so many kids out there that need homes. I have watched that show ';Adoption Stories'; on Discovery Health Channel and the parents are just as happy when they bring their adopted child home. Also, a very good friend of mine is adopted, she would not have had the life she was giving had it not been for her parents bringing her into their home as their own.





The choice is ultimately yours. Just do what feels right to you and your hubby. Good Luck, I hope everything is beautiful for you in the end.
Wow that is a tough one. Donor- could cause issues because a child is more one and none of the other. Adoption- infant maybe older probably not, because you really dont know what your walking into. Life without children- well you would have more money lol jk you could travel and do things you wouldn't be able to until the child is older.





We are family oriented couple, donor or adoption
Man, this is a tough situation to face. I am hoping I'll never be in this situation, and of course nobody else would. If I wasn't able to conceive on my own, the best option is to adopt. I don't like the donor egg/sperm where only 50% is me or my husband. but then again, I have mature eggs and I do ovulate, just sometimes i have an anovulatory period.
Personally, I would remain childless. There are benefits (more money, personal freedom), and as I work around kids every day, I still get to exercise my nurturing side. However, it is a very personal decision, and whatever you and your partner decide will be best for you. Good Luck.
Don't ask us, ask your spouse! This can be a touchy subject! just the way you phrased caused me to really stop and think. And, I'm leaning more towards the no child simply because I would want myself and my spouse reflected in the child. Is that Selfish?
Because we are strict Catholics we're pretty limited. We could adopt a already fertilized egg that's been frozen and donated. (The Pope has encouraged that). We could try our luck with fertility drugs or adopt a baby already out there.
I would do a doner because caring for a child that is in side of you is the best feeling in the world. You also have a natural bond to the child. It is such a wonderful feeling.
  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment