Friday, January 15, 2010

Do you think being childfree is becoming more common?

Yes. When I was 21, and had a vasectomy, I was considered a 'freak'. Now I am 42, and I know a lot of people that are child-free.Do you think being childfree is becoming more common?
Yep, I sort of have to agree partially with Rodders post. I'm from the US and I have been to a few message boards and it does appear that there are a good portion of child-free people that are also cacuasian females that are very much into their careers. There are likely some that are from other races and cultures but I don't think there are that many.





I think too there are alot more incidents of either more women of any culture actually that are having more fertility issues, or they are holding off on having kids right away (like myself). And there are starting to be more men too that are having vasectomies at earlier ages. So yea it is starting to become gradually more common as time goes on. Though I have read they are still catching hell from most people in their lives about the choice though. I say do what you feel works best for you, just as long as you aren't point fingers at other peoples' choices.Do you think being childfree is becoming more common?
Let's face it, children are a bad investment.lol





People vastly underestimate how much children cost i mean, they cost a FORTUNE and i'm sure i'd be driving an Aston Martin by now if it wasn't for my two girls!





Seriously, it is expensive to have children and it gets much worse as they grow up but too many people get carried away with thoughts of the good things children bring, looking after a cute baby, etc.


Of course, i wouldn't choose to lose my two girls for a second but too many rush in without thinking this through.





It's much better to be financially secure before you take this massive leap, it's better for you and better for them.
I would say yes probably. Saying that though from a womans point of view I think many women now a days enjoy their lives without kids i.e: going out partying, fashion, holidays etc.. which they maybe wouldn't be able to do with kids. I always knew I wanted kids but didn't have them until my 30's which suits me but at least 3 of my freinds who always were adamant they didn't want kids now do want them and as they are in their early 40's 2 of them are finding it really hard to get pregnant and are becoming quite desparate. This is really hard for them and they all said that until their late 30's they just could never have imagined ever wanting kids but then something just clicked and now thats all they want. So really my point is that although there are people out there who really don't want kids there are lots of people out there who do but have left it too late!
I wish! The opposite is true: we are living in a times when children are a prize and parenthood is a status. There is also a huge baby boom going on that is perpetuated by the pregnancy fad.





I am a childfree married woman and I am definitely in the minority.
I think delaying having children is definitely becoming more common. I wouldn't worry about trends; if you aren't interested in kids then that's okay (unless your Catholic and supposed to be making babies).
Only in white western society, where the females want a career, and don't want to stay home and care for children.
I have not seen that to be the case.


I live in the UK, and most people i know have a family or intend to have one.





xx
unfortunatly yes





answer mine:


http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>
yes,





no one has the money to support a family,


in this economy





and also,


peoples priorities have changed.
Yes, it is. Statistics bear this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment