Friday, January 15, 2010

How many of you on Yahoo Answers are 'childfree by choice'?

I don't mean people who want children but can't conceive, but those who simply decided that parenthood wasn't for them.How many of you on Yahoo Answers are 'childfree by choice'?
I want kids one day, sure enough. However not now. I'm just 20 and so more than proud to be free from little ones. I admit I have maternal needs at times. I mean going through the baby section and looking at my baby cousin sometimes gets me all in the zone of wanting a kid. But i know I couldn't hack it right now. But by no means am I'm on one of those ';child-free'; paths. I mean I know that some people don't want kids at all. Which is kind of ok in their own right. But I just don't like anyone trying to convince me either to not have kids. I figure its a whole lot better to make up your own mind about what you want for your future. Don't just be child-free because its working for your friends or have kids because of others expectations. If you really want a kid have one but be ready for that responsibility. And even for anyone who is ';child-free'; and has a kid by mistake don't hate the child because the child didn't ask to be here.How many of you on Yahoo Answers are 'childfree by choice'?
I am 35, and free of children, by choice. I had a vasectomy when I was 24, or 25. I don't remember exactly. It sure is hard to date when you are childfree.
I dont have kids and i am over 50 so I guess I will not have any
Me,I honestly dont want kids and I plan on keeping it that way.
Absolutely at this point. I might want children later, but not until I can place parenthood as the #1 priority in my life. That time is not now, and I think it's outrageously irresponsible to conceive until then.





I support easy access to birth control methods and contraceptives for this reason alone.
Not enough of us.





Count me in. I had a vasectomy when I was 21. I knew when I was about 14, or so that I never wanted children. My girlfriend had her tubes tied when she was in her 20's as well. Today I am 41, and she is 36. We are very happy with our choice.
Before I knew where babies came from, I knew I didn't want any of my own. Definitely an early articulator, here, married 13 years to a man who had the snip before we met. Yeah, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment