Friday, January 15, 2010

Conservatives: what do you think of childfree women?

I am a childfree conservative woman. I am also happily married. I don't think anything about those who are childfree. Some women cannot have children and others don't want to. I didn't know that I was really supposed to think anything particular about women without children.





I have a grown step-daughter if that matters. But I never raised her. Actually, she's a childfree conservative woman also (so far).





Edited to add:


I agree that I am a religious person who values family and sees children as gifts from the gods. But as a conservative, I also do not believe in having children that I cannot afford to support. I don't believe that it is right to force other tax payers to fund my personal decision to have children. I believe that if we chose to have children, then we should be held 100% responsible for their housing, food, clothing, medical care, education, etc. I chose not to have children.





Still, many conservatives are not religious and even those who are religious can be many different religions--each with differing views.Conservatives: what do you think of childfree women?
What am I supposed to think of them? Do you mean childLESS women? Women who don't have children or do not wish to have children? I think you're a liberal with preconceived notions so what I say isn't going to matter in the long run anyway, but it's her choice if she chooses not to reproduce. Conserv's have been put into a stereotypical box by liberals...we're all supposed to be Bible thumping, gun toting southern trash according to liberals. I hate to burst anyones bubble but it's not true.





Personally, the less people breed, the less potential liberals we'll have. And everyone knows that as we grow older and lose those rose-colored glasses of youth, the more we wake up and see reality for what it is and become conservatives anyway. So the less Libs breed, the happier we are.Conservatives: what do you think of childfree women?
I don't understand what that has to do with politics? I've never had children and I would like to one day, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work out. That's a decision every couple has to make for themselves, though.
I am a somewhat conservative childfree man. I have no problem with you at all.





I am a Buddhist. We have no rules that suggest you must procreate.





Most people on Y!A do not know what “Childfree” means.

No comments:

Post a Comment