Friday, January 15, 2010

Why do some parents and potential parents hate childfree people so vehemently?

I know for sure that I do not want to have children. Whenever someone asks me about possible future DNA extending projects, I am always honest about my choice and state it in a polite manner (even though it's nobody's business but mine). Some of these enquirers are nice and understanding about it, but there's a particular brand of parent (and future parent) that always freaks out and demands to know why I don't want to reproduce. They then tell me one or more of the following: A) I am selfish B) I will change my mind C) I must have been abused as a child D) I am a nasty, no good Scrooge.





I do not dislike children. I simply do not want any. Why is this so hard for some people to understand? Do they think I am criticizing their own choice to have kids? Why do they think it's any of their business anyway?Why do some parents and potential parents hate childfree people so vehemently?
Because a)everyone else is like a flock of sheep in the fact that they try to look, be, %26amp; act just like everyone else and don't care to form their OWN opinion on things b) a lot of these people get angry because they sometimes regret their own choices and wish they could be more like you %26amp; c)are codependant and could never imagine 'being alone' either now or when they get older. People are just nosy in general and it isn't any of their business. I have friends like you and have asked them the question of why not just out of curiosity though. I support %26amp; applaud your decision! Next time just make up something interesting like you saw the Exorcist and just didn't want to take that chance!Why do some parents and potential parents hate childfree people so vehemently?
there is nothing at all wrong with not wanting children. The world is populated enough as it is and you are doing yourself and them a favor. Tell people to shut up if they have a problem with it.
My dear I am just like you, however my response is blunt, upfront and a bit rude. I think it is because they just want you to blindly have children.


I find it funny that people who have kids should not have kinds because of how they treat them and then there are those who want kids and can not have them for medical reasons.


And those of us who choose not to have kids are frown upon because we are not following what other are doing and then they have the never to tell others how to raise children.


Social conditioning, almost everyone in my family(over the age of 21) is already married and have children; I am always asked when will I get married and have children. Questions like your 33 need to meet a women get married have kids.


I tell them that I march to the beat of a different drummer and I do what I want, when, and how i see it fit to benefit me.


So look just ignore them, another reason for them wanting you to have kids is so that they can ridicule how you raise them, a shallow attempt to cover how terrible they raise their children.
For some reason, the assumption is that if you don't want children you are being selfish. I strongly disagree. You are being responsible by thoughtfully choosing what is right for you. Good for you, don't let anyone let you think otherwise!
personally I think it is selfish of people TO have kids... I mean the world is plenty populated already.


I had 1 kid and got my tubes tied shortly thereafter - I was told I was being selfish for not having more kids.
You are not wrong choosing to not have children. Unfortunately, most people still think that the meaning of life is ';to marry and have children';. They were told this since they were kids, and assumed this to be ';the Holy Truth';.





My wife and I are still not sure if we will have children or not. We talk a lot about it. We lived in Brazil, and there it is very hard to raise a children, because the schools are not very good and there is no employment available, even for graduated people. Then we moved to Japan, and here we started thinking about having kids, because there are better schools, good jobs and less violence. Some time ago I wrote that ';having kids in Japan is possible, but having kids in Brazil is scary';.





I still think that most of the problems we face today in our world are caused because people have too many children. There would be less starvation, violence and unemployment if there were less people in the world.





But,back to your situation, yes, you are free to choose not to have children. Just ignore the criticism.
Either they take offense that you choose not to do something that they have done or they're jealous that you don't have kids and want you to suffer like they do.
I don't want children either and am now 26 and still don't want them. They tell me I will change my mind. Mabye it's because they started having them before they were ready. Or love there kids so much cant see why someone would refuse themselves that love. Good Question
I am a mother, I love being one, I know that I always dreamed on becoming one. I have always respected other people's decissions in life, not everyone was born to be a parent, not everyone can, not everyone want, therefore live and let live. If you have other goals in life, congratulations! I hope you succeed, and stick to those goals, that makes you a good person, not if you can reproduce. Besides, I think how many people conceive, and give birth to children, and are not good parents...
Kudos to you.....I know how you feel. I don't want kids because I like my life the way it is. It is a personal choice and people should respect you for your decision...I mean how many people have kids who shouldn't have them (bad parents, abusers)...??? (Not that you would do that, but those people should think like you. I bet you would make a great parent if you ever decided to. The fact that you have made this decision makes you UNSELFISH! Hooray for you. We need more non-breeders!
Because they are free to go places without having to find


a babysitter. They don't have to put up with bad grades.


Childfree people don't have to deal with the stress and


worry about what's going on with the kids.
Most likely because they regret their own choices or they are one of those people that if your choice or opinion is not theirs they go ballistic.





Diffrence of opinion is a GOOD thing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment