Friday, January 15, 2010

Best thing about being a parent or being childfree?

This is a question for those who are happy with their choice, wheather it's being a parent or being childfree. I do not want to offend those who want to have kids, but cannot, or those who experience an unwanted pregnancy, I am just curious to know what do you like best about your choice? What do you enjoy the most about your life that you could not if you had kids or were pregnant (or if you did not have kids)


I do not have kids, and I love the fact that I can take a weekend trip to London or Paris whenever I feel like it. I also love it that I can have sex in the kitchen in the morning and be as loud as a want. I enjoy it that my work sometimes takes me to 5 different countries in 2 weeks, that I can have expensive glass decorations in the house, and that my abs look awesome in a bikini. I know that the last one is lame and vain, but I was a chubby kid, so I'm very proud of my nice abs.


That do you like best about your choice?Best thing about being a parent or being childfree?
I am a parent and I think the best thing is enjoying the new discoveries with your child, sharing in thier sense of wonderment at what has become the mundane to you.. The humor and silliness...





Every day my children amaze me in one way or another.. If I didn't have them I would miss out on so much I didn't realize I was missing out on until I had them...





While I can respect others who decide to not have children I just can't see my life being any better without mine.... To each thier own.... I am dellighted you enjoy your life so much the way it is... My life is just different and I am enjoying it as much as you are enjoying yours... :)Best thing about being a parent or being childfree?
I'm childfree, too.





What I enjoy most is not having the responsibility of making sure another human being develops into a productive citizen of society. I like being able to sit around in my pajamas all day, and drink when I want. Spending money on myself, not on diapers and baby clothes. I like the thought that I'm not overpopulating the world with unwanted babies. I like having the 'f' word as the most used word in my vocabularly. I like staying awake all night and sleeping all day. For that matter, I like being able to sleep for 12 hours a day, or even more.





Children, to me, just aren't worth it.
I am currently expecting my third child, a boy due in march and i am the proud mother of twins who are 2 1/2 years old, also boys. I love every minute i have with my kids, and truthfully i dont even remember what its like to not have them!! I know it can be stressful at times, it takes real selflessness to be a parent. Everything is the child first. I think the best thing is when my kids say ';lub you mama'; to me. I have a companion everyday and two little boys who make me laugh, cry, pull my hair out, and scream all in one day! haha. Its more reward then can ever be put into words though and one day if you decide to have children you will know just how it feels. Its awesome :-)
I have three kids.. I know one day they will move out and that will be my me time... but for now.. I love the way when my daughter wakes up she grabs onto my face with her two hands and says oh mommy your wonderful,


My son, loves to play games and learn new things.. I have had my ups and downs but even if I didn't have kids I still would have them , they would just be different ones..


There is so much I love about my children... but theres nothing better than the I love you's... and watching them learn and grow pluss the funny stuff they say and do are priceless.. the trips to the zoo and theme parks are better and so much more.. another and the last I will mention is.. people come and go , they lie, men leave you , and so on.. but your kids.. thats and everlasting love.. there always there and you for them..
As a mom, I love seeing the world through a child's eyes again. Everything gets to be new and exciting. I can play on the toys at the park and take plenty of time to stop and smell the roses on a walk. I get to be silly and there is always someone who thinks I am the greatest even when I'm not. Besides those things, it is amazing to love someone the way you love your child. It is indescribable.
I have zero. Right now, maybe cuz I'm so young, I don't want kids, but maybe when I get older i'll change my mind. Besides, I'm only twenty-two.
i love my kids but one thing i miss is being able to lay around watching lifetime on sunday afternoons...
I have a 4 yr. old daughter, and I love the fact the fact that I can now see the world through a child`s eyes and experience new happiness everyday. I love having someone to cuddle with, to laugh with, and to let my inner child free with. I still travel at least once a yr., and take my daughter with me and it`s no problem. I travel at least once a year just with my husband. I would not change my choice for anything.
I have FOUR children (one girl and 3 boys). I love them so much. It is awesome to give and receive love from them. All the silly questions they ask, all of the goofy things they do---makes life come alive again for me. Id be lost without my children, I have this inner ';need'; to take care of people. I love being a mom! To here them say ';I love you so much mommy'; for the first time, and every time, is incredibly good for the soul! :) My only regret is not spacing them farther apart. They are 6, 4, 2 and 1. My husband and I never thought we'd be so FERTILE!! LOL.





I do miss that flat stomach, and not having stretch marks. Im at my pre-pregnancy weight again, but my body is different. Even still, I would'nt change it if given the chance. Each and every one of my kids are so different, and each one offers me a different blessing, and likewise--different challenges. Good question tho' !!~
Yes, sometimes I envy you.





Especially when my nine month old is screaming in his carseat. Or, like now is crying in his crib.





But, I love it when he dances while hanging onto the sofa...just to impress me. Or, when he crawls following me around the house. When he climbs on my legs and pats me to bring him up on my lap. I loved today...going to the tree farm and picking out the best tree. I had so much fun just watching him reach out and touch the tree.





And, today when we got home he just stood up and watched it!





I still have valuables on my dining room tables and on all my coffee tables. I have crystal candle goblets on my end tables along with fancy lamps. I've just taught my son he is not to grab these things. But, as he gets older I'll teach him to use his gentle hands with pretties.





He's amazing and I can't imagine my life without him.





Okay, the abs are nice! And, I wish I could wear a bikini...but after a mere 7 months baby #2 is on his/her way. And, I wouldn't change it. I love being a mom. I feel like I've come into my own. And, nothing else matters. I'm confident and sure of myself. AND, I don't need ';stuff';. I don't need more jewelery, gold, expensive china, crystal, tapestries, or paintings. All I need is my family. It's a wonderful place to be.
I just had my first baby 6 weeks ago, and being a Mom is wonderful. It's a lot of hard work, and I am giving up a lot, but to me it's worth it. Like you, I had the abs, and I plan to get them back ASAP. I will tell you, having abs while pregnant has serious advantages. I didn't show for a very long time, and by the end I still only looked like I was 6-7 months pregnant. (This was with a normal weight baby).


I also have nice, valuable, breakable things in my house, and as my son grows he will be taught to respect those things.





It sounds like you are very happy with your life the way it is, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. More power to you!





My favorite thing about being a Mom: The love I feel for my son.
Just the laughter, the fun, the happiness, the love...





I love to laugh and be silly with my son. This evening, we were watching a painted snowman on a storefront for about 10 minutes. It was great fun! And days of such happiness are not on vacations - every day is such day!





I have never experienced love and happiness with such intensity before becoming a parent. Of course, to balance that, there tiredness, lack of sleep, lack of flexibility, lack of sufficient time for self etc.





Honestly, this intensity of love and happiness is unmatched. I did not even know I was capable of such emotion before the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment