Sunday, January 17, 2010

Women, lets say if you wanted to remain childfree indefinitely...?

1) Would you have your tubes tied, even if you never had any children?





2) If you accidentally got pregnant, what would you do? Have an abortion, or wait for the child birth and give the baby up for adoption?





3) Would you and your husband/boyfriend have sex, would you (let him wear a condom/be on birth control pills)?Women, lets say if you wanted to remain childfree indefinitely...?
My husband and I are in our 30s, childless, and don't want children. He got a vasectomy on Friday. Male sterilization is so much less invasive than tubal ligation! If I had been eligible for the Essure procedure, I would have done that, since I'm more vehement about not having kids, but a medicine I take contraindicates that.





I've always said that if I were to get pregnant, we'd raise the child.





We used birth control. The Pill intefered with one of my other medications, the NuvaRing wouldn't stay in place, and I got an infection from the Mirena IUD. My husband said it was time he took care of the birth control. Yay!





Condoms and separate spermicide, used correctly together, are as effective as the Pill for preventing pregnancy, btw.Women, lets say if you wanted to remain childfree indefinitely...?
By the way, I want children, but if I ever changed my mind, here are my answers...





1.) No. By the way, having your tubes tied (actually, the slender tubes are clamped) is not reversible. The doctor would have to go in, harvest the eggs, fertilize them with your significant other's sperm, and implant them. It's an expensive decision.





2.) If I accidentally got pregnant, I wouldn't have an abortion unless a.) I was raped (and even then I might think about giving birth to the child and finding a childless couple to take it in, but that depends if II can emotionally handle the pregnancy due to the rape), b.) my health was seriously in jeopardy, or c.) if the child was born, it would be seriously deformed and not live a productive life. Otherwise, I would raise that child.





3.) I would probably use condoms and perhaps female birth control pills. (I'm kind of worried about long-term use of birth control pills over one's lifetime if they don't need it for other medical issues. I guess we'll see in 20-30 years what a lifetime of birth control does to a woman.) I would NEVER have my husband/boyfriend use male birth control pills because they are practically in the experimental stages.
either one or three
Never give for adoption! I prefer make love without provide against babies!But when I have my children, of course!I prefer putting a spiral in my tubes.
I'd definately use b.c. and I'd seriously consider getting my tubes tied, especially since certain procedures are reversible in case you change your mind. Why be cruel and stupid and abort or bring an unwanted child into this world?
1 - Even if I didn't have any children, I wouldn't get my tubes tied. I'd use some form of birth control.





2 - If I accidentally got pregnant, abortion would not be an option for me unless I were raped or my health was in danger, and I honestly don't know if I could give up a child of mine to an adoption agency....so I'd end up raising it.





3 - I've been on birth control for a long time so my husband and I do not use condoms....especially now since we're trying to get pregnant. As for or BC, if you're talking about the male form of birth control - that's his choice to make just as much as it is mine to be on birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment