Friday, January 15, 2010

What can childfree people do to get the opposition off their backs?

Like if parents or hopefuls ask childfree people...





';Since you're married, when you are going to have children?';


';Why don't you have kids yet?';


';What kind of animal are you for not wanting children?';


More quotes needed if possible...








What are some good comebacks or responses for the childfree to get rude people off their backs? If rude people go too far, would it be best for the childfree to respond in anger with profanity?What can childfree people do to get the opposition off their backs?
Did someone really call you, or someone else, an animal for not wanting children? That's pretty bad. Sometimes people can be so intrusive and judgmental. Listen, I had a bunch of kids, they're all almost grown now, but I personally see absolutely nothing wrong with not having any kids at all. It's nobody else's damn business how you run your life. As far as rude comebacks, hmmm, how about:





';Well, after watching your kids, I just can't stomach the idea';





';I don't have kids yet because nosy people asking me about it has really turned me off to the idea';





';I changed my mind about having kids after watching all the mothers in Wal-Mart struggle with their little darlings';





And then , of course, you can always say something more to the point like ';It's none of your damn business'; or ';F**k off';.





If I think of any other brilliant comeback, I'll add it later. Shucks, it's friday night and I'm tired. Those kids......





EDIT: Oh, oh, oh, here's another one! How 'bout this:





';I used to be a teacher and after dealing with everybody else's kids all day and seeing how you all have f****d them up so badly, I wasn't confident enough to think I could possibly do any better.';





Whoever called you an animal has got to be the biggest stuck up, snobby, dumb ***, moron I have ever heard of in my life. Unbelievable.What can childfree people do to get the opposition off their backs?
It's mean, but rude people deserve it. You'll have to coordinate this with your wife:





When you are together, and people ask ';So, now that you've tied the knot, when are you going to have kids?'; have your wife get a look on her face like she's about to cry, and then run out of the room with her hands over her face. You glare at them and say ';I'm sure you had no way of knowing, but we just found we can't have kids';. Then go after your wife to ';comfort'; her, while you have a good laugh together. If you keep your backs to them, the heaving of your bodies from your laughter will look like you're both crying.





She can pull this off when she's alone. You can try, by just getting a sad look on your face and saying in a barely audible voice ';we can't have kids';. If they pursue it, just get as emotional as possible and say ';I just can't talk about it right now';.
Sigh. I've been through the same opposition for the past 12 years of my married life. Have you ever noticed, when you are young, they ask you ';When are you going to get a boyfriend';, then they ask you ';When are you getting married';, and then it's ';When are you having a baby?'; and finally, ';When are you divorcing that bum.'; see, people just CAN't mind their own business. The best response to these people after you are married, is ';We are very happy being our own family of 2, thanks.'; and then walk away.


If they are calling you an Animal say: How can that be true? All animals have babies?'; then walk away. Leaving them dumbfounded and looking like an idiot with their mouths open will shut their trap.
Just ask them, ';Are you going to pay for their necessities? Clothes, food, etc?';


Tell them that you want to start with a pet and see how you do with that first. Seriously, why are these people on your back and why are you letting them get to you? It is your life so just live it the way you want to. It is none of their business.


My mom asks me also, when am I getting a grand kid ? It sucks because it is not like we haven't tried. We lost one and we are going to try when we feel we are ready to. So I just tell her,';Looks like your gonna have to adopt one if you want one anytime soon!'; She knows where I am coming from, so it amazes me that she would even ask!!! Sorry I got kind of side tracked. Hee- Hee! I needed to vent! :) Thanks!
When my former best friend made the comment that it's about time I get married and have children(I';m only 27!) I replied ';I don't want to get married just cuz I am pregnant, I want to finish college first so I don't have to worry about money, then marry the one I love and have a few years of fun being married before I get fat from having kids'; (Not saying that's what she did...ok, it is.)
Tell them ';How could you be so cruel? We have been trying to have a baby and just can't .___Make them feel guilty for butting into your private life. People used to do this to my brother and he told me that after then did get pregnant those same people said ';Your in for it now'; and started telling them all the hard things about being a parent..
I would just say,'; Everyone has their reasons for having children, and we have ours. I have enough in my life right now, and this is what we want. You should not let it concern you.'; This way your not rude, why go to their level, they hate that. You do what you want, its your life. Good luck with closed minded people!!
Tell them you can't have kids. That usually shuts most people up.





We have one child and people keep asking when we are having more. Hubby has had a vasectomy so we say ';We can't have more';. It makes them feel bad for even asking in the first place.
1. Children cost too much. I would rather spend that money on myself and husband.


2. I like it quiet.


3. I like my house clean.


4. I have a dog that I call my child.
Never profanity,,,,next time someone says that to you suggest they come into the bedroom with you because maybe you're not doing it right and laugh.
Hand them a money jar and tell them kids cost money, lots and lots of money and you figure 3 million should cover it. Ask them how much are they willing to donate.
Tell them this:


';Hey, I see how you f--ked up your life and I am learning from your mistake!';





That usually shuts them up.
Tell them you want to be married for 5,10,15,years before you have kids- make sure you really like each other first!
just say 'misery loves company, right?'


j/k i have 2 babies and i love them sooo much, but to be honest with u, enjoy ur childfree days!
';Just lucky, I guess.';.
Grin, and say we're working on it all the time.


then wink
What do you have aganist married people and people with children? And don't worry about being rude b/c you already covered that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment