Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it possible to be friend with a person who really loves children when you are a childfree ?

Yes it is. Just because you choose not to have any/rear any children does not mean you hate children at all, or dislike them. It just means you would rather pursue other interests in your life and do not wish to be a parent, or believe that you would not make a good parent.





Yes you can be friends with someone who loves children-- but respect each other's differences regarding children. Don't talk down to her about liking children, and don't let yourself get talked down as well for NOT wanting children. If she's blabbing about children too much, change the subject to something else. Or just say ';you know, this sorta makes me uncomfortable. Can we talk about something else?'; If this person is a good friend, they will respect that. Just the same with yourself, if you're talking about being childfree in a way that bothers her, she'd ask to change the subject as well.





As long as you respect each other's differences, things should be fine. It's when you want to pursue a romantic interest with another person who loves children (and you don't want any) when things can get complicated.Is it possible to be friend with a person who really loves children when you are a childfree ?
You can, but if your significant other hates them as much as my girlfriend does, you will have difficulty. I can tolerate other children but she can鈥檛 even be in the same room with them without going out of her mind. She can鈥檛 enjoy herself because she is to obsessed with whatever the kids are getting into.





The other difficulty is when you plan to go places. Most people, with kids, will be late to everything. They always have a babysitter problem, or their kid calls. It never ends. Why can鈥檛 they show up on time to anything? I find myself waiting for an hour or two before they show up. It seems, all too often, that they show up with one or their kids!Is it possible to be friend with a person who really loves children when you are a childfree ?
Sure it is! The best things about friendships is the variety everyone brings to it. I am childless by choice. Most of my friends have infants or toddlers. When I don't want to deal with the children, I go out with my childless friends. When I want to be with my friends with children, I cope with the kids. The kids are what made my friends the people they are. We also make a point of doing ';adult'; things with out the children every couple of months. The parents can crave that adult interaction as much as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment