Friday, January 15, 2010

What do the childfree do with their time since they don't have kids?

We have many opportunities that childed people do not. Our lives are full of activities.





I taught myself to write software in C/C++. I then was able to intern into software development with only an AA degree.


I take two or three vacations a year. I have many stamps in my passport.


I have many hobbies that involve collecting and repairing of antiques.


I go caving and do other somewhat less than mainstream sports.


I am an “uncle” to the children of many of my friends.


I exercise a lot.


I had a vasectomy when I was 21. This has allowed for a very active sex life over the last twenty years. I think CF people have a lot more sex than those with children.What do the childfree do with their time since they don't have kids?
It really depends on what interests them. They're just people. They have hobbies, passions and interests to occupy their time, not to mention work, bills and everything else everyone has to deal with.





They lives their lives just like anyone does when they don't have children, whether they intend to or not.What do the childfree do with their time since they don't have kids?
Well......I have driven nice cars. Never been in much debt. Owned houses which increased in value, and then I told sold. I have traveled the world, finally retiring at 55 and living in a resort paradise without snow. I have lots of friends, devote time and money to church and individual charity cases.





AND, I'm not at all rich, but have lived a wonderful life and don't miss the absence of children at all. My sisters have plenty of kids and they have been as much trouble as pleasure. ThankYouVeryMuch, I made the right decision for me.





Oh yes, I have plenty set aside for care-givers should I need that in my old age. I'm having 25 non-family members invited for Christmas Dinner at my house; and have been invited to parties Christmas and New Year's Eve as well. I'm OK.
Most of them work during the week.. 5 days a week.. part time or full time. Some may do volunteer work for the church or any charitable causes and there are always hobbies a person can have.. art, reading, sports, furthering ones education, playing an instrument, belonging to a choir or a weekend band, belong to a hobby club or a hiking or bungee jumping club.. those with money may travel. There are a lot of things to do because every parent at one point will see that their children leave home and if they don't have anything to occupy themselves with apart from the Children when they are grown and want to live their own lives.. they would suffer from the ''empfy nest syndrome'' therefore I believe even with children it's important to make time for oneself... kids grow up and they may move away.. Children will most likely love their parents all their lives but they may even move to another country.. and only see their parents on rare occasions.. once they are older.. so what do parents do when their children no longer live at home and move countries..? or don't want children and so the parents will not have grandchildren? They have to find something to do with their lives apart from being parents..
They visit the Pyramids in Egypt.





Swim in the Indian ocean.





Perform on Broadway.





Create works of art.





Eat chocolate cake for breakfast.





Discover new species.





Sleep late.





Climb dormant volcanoes.





Enjoy their freedom...





I'm glad you asked, because clearly, you're clueless.
well, if I didn't have my kids, I'd probably have killed myself when I was @ 20 or so.





just being honest.





When the boys are gone for the weekends,I do laundry and clean their rooms and just do normal mom stuff.
I work and do whatever else I want to really.I work 4 10 hour days in a row and on my days off I sleep and have drinks and hang out lol.If I had a kid it would be 100% different for sure.I want one though :(
I get to do whatever I want with my free time and, now that my kids are grown and gone, I have the money to do whatever I want too! It's worth waiting for!
Well, I'm child-free... I read a lot, go out with friends who are also child-free in the evenings, do embroidery, study, play computer games, cook/bake. That is what I do.
I have tons to keep me busy. I work part time, do charity work, foster cats/kittens, run them to vet appointments, own my own house, party with my friends, travel with my husband........etc......
Anything and Everything I want!


My life is so busy and full I cannot even imagine having time for kids.
Fulfill all the things you wanted to fulfill!


I've heard many parents say they wish they were still able to fulfill some of their dreams!
Anything I want whenever I want it! My favorite benefit? Sleeping in on the weekends. mmmmmmmmmmm.
I am paying the mortgage. It's not a very fulfilling aspiration. Raising children sounds like a much richer way to live.
Work, play adult rec hockey, visit my dad (he's in a assisted care facility), volunteer my time.
study
we **** our brains out and after we get a headache from all those orgasms we go to the park and laugh at all the stupid people with screaming infants up their assess.
Spend all their extra money.
Get drunk.
Sleep and take long naps..
Live free and happy!
We sit here on Yahoo Answers, when we're not working. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment