Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do you think childfree people will have miserable old ages?

i am 44,husband 57,married 4 years,he is terribly mad in pushing me to have child no matter through what method. I refused because i dont feel i have such love and responsibility for child. He cried out that i will have the most cursed and painful old age. what do you think?Do you think childfree people will have miserable old ages?
Oh, please. Does he realize how many parents are stuck in a nursing home where their kids never visit? Having kids is NO guarantee that you'll be taken care of in your old age. I prefer to plan to take care of myself.


Furthermore, being childfree doesn't mean you have no family or friends, either.


IMO, dump this guy. He's being abusive in trying to coerce you into having a child when you don't want one.


I'm older than you and I have childfree aunts in their 70's who are perfectly happy without children.Do you think childfree people will have miserable old ages?
Well, I'm 23 and I made a wow not to bring any children into this world since it's corrupted to the core. The world's MAIN problem is overpopulation and it trigggers all the other major problems (only a few people are aware of this fact and regardless of the world's problems, current conditions and children's rights most people make children for their own egos just to experience parenthood or have a new, intelligent toy under their thumb). On the other hand, like the others said, it might be quite unhealthy for you to get pregnant in such an age. So, in all aspects, it seems to be a bad idea to have a child. Maybe you should try to explain these facts to your husband.





Regards,





Decent
I don't have children and have no desire to have any - I work hard, I have a pension and so far, I have my health. I intend looking after myself in my old age. I'm 38, who is to say that at my age (or your age, or any age) we wouldn't have children who have special needs that mean we end up looking after them long after we are too old to do so?





I think it's a little selfish of your husband wanting to have children simply so they can look after you in your old age! And I also think it's very unfair of him to put that pressure on you.





My husband is older than me and already had grown up children when I met him so he's perfectly happy with my decision not to have children. We have a great life, we go on amazing holidays, we have a nice home and we can do things at a drop off a hat if we wish (and we do) because we don't have to worry about childcare or anything.





Stick to your guns and tell your husband that if all he wants is someone to have children for him, he should go and look elsewhere!
I believe that life happens as it is meant to. If you don't have children, then there is a reason for it. If the two of you differ so much on such an important issue, something will happen. It would not be right to have a child just to hold onto another.


Good luck and be well.
Children take care of their parents as they age, who will you have?





That wasn't meant to sound terribly depressing. But it's just a thought. You're getting a little old to have children however.
It sounds to me like he's afraid of getting old. He's pushing 60 and needs to enjoy something youthful. You don't need to have a child to do that. Take him to a little league game.
well this is interesting because in my psychology class i learned that actually couples that DO NOT have children will actually have better marriages then if they did. also couples with teenagers will have the worst relationships haha
no i really don't believe that at all. there are other things to do in life. you could travel, spend time with other family, spend time with friends. children are not for everyone.
What about infertile people? Is he inferring that I'm going to be miserable in my old age because I can't have children? Geez thanks. No offense, but I hate your husband.
I think you will be happy with whatever you feel will make you happy. Not everyone wants to have kids.....I do feel however that I want to have at lease one child
Having a child at that age is very risky. Many birth defects are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment