Friday, January 15, 2010

Are feminists more likely to be 'childfree'?

What do you think? Are you 'childfree' and / or a feminist? Do you think there's a connection and if so, why? And parents, what part did feminism play in your decision to have a child? Are feminists more likely to have children, thinking they can raise them in an equal way, or more likely to be put off it altogether?Are feminists more likely to be 'childfree'?
Yes, but most feminists still do have kids, or at least want them. I'm a childfree feminist, but the childfree part came before the feminist part.Are feminists more likely to be 'childfree'?
The urge to be a mother (or not) has nothing to do with feminism.
I am a stay at home mother of two boys, and I consider myself a feminist. I hope to raise my sons to see their future wives as equal partners, just as their father and I are.
Feminism is an ideology it's not a blueprint for family size or marital status.





I believe in equality, and I have three kids. Lots of people who believe in equality have kids.
A real feminist yes. A woman who has been put through the system and only recites feminist quotes here and there without much care, no she isnt affected all that much.
Lala: are you serious? we're not good mothers? i can't believe you said that. wow.





i am a feminist and a wonderful mother. i think that some may choose to remain childfree, but i think an equal amount are mothers that campaign so their children can have a brighter future.
I am a feminist and a mother. But as for why many feminists don't have a lot of children, see earlier discussions about the fact that the more educated a woman is, the fewer children she is likely to have. Feminists tend to me more educated (in general) than the average woman.
Not necessarily. That's just a stereotype.
Feminism and nurturing contradict like Nazi and Jew or KKK and African American. The two can't survive together.
If they do have children, they likely went down to the spermbank...
born without a heart and brain maybe....
The impression I get is that many feminists are too selfish for motherhood.
I am sure of one thing ; there are not good mothers

No comments:

Post a Comment