Sunday, January 17, 2010

Women, lets say if you wanted to remain childfree indefinitely...?

1) Would you have your tubes tied, even if you never had any children?





2) If you accidentally got pregnant, what would you do? Have an abortion, or wait for the child birth and give the baby up for adoption?





3) Would you and your husband/boyfriend have sex, would you (let him wear a condom/be on birth control pills)?Women, lets say if you wanted to remain childfree indefinitely...?
I'll answer this honestly as I don't want to have any children, if I did have the urge in future which I doubt, but suposing I did I would adopt anyway.





1) I would like to have my tubes tied as a permant form of contraception because I don't like taking the pill, it gives me a rash and I don't believe in pumping myuself with artifical hormones. BUT will not because it's a painful operation, can have a risk of an ectopic pregnancy anyway. We are considering getting a vasectomy in the future as it's less painful and a simpler operation.





2)I would have an abortion very early on as there's no way I'm going through childbirth.





3)You mean would I let him take charge of the contraception?Yes I do already, although we are anticipating the male pill greatly! If this comes out in the next few years that will be great.





EDIT: I'm so glad we live in this decade with contraception readily avauilable. If I were in the past then I guess it would be extremnely difficult, but I wouldn't have sex.Women, lets say if you wanted to remain childfree indefinitely...?
1. No, that's kind of drastic and you never know if you're going to change your mind.





2. No, I'm pro-choice but I would never do something like that. I don't think I could go the adoption route either. I would imagine that it would be hard to give up a baby after carrying it for 9 months.





3. Absolutely.
I don't want to be child free, but I really have no desire to have children of my own. I don't want to get my tubes tied, nor get an abortion. I would use birth control pills, and if I became pregnant unintentionally with my husband, I'd raise the child.
I'm childfree by choice and expect to remain childfree indefinitely.





1) No.





2) Keep the baby. My situation is such that I do not feel I could defend a decision such as abortion, since I believe I would be a good mother and more than capable of supporting a child. Also, although I do not want children, I cannot imagine me being capable of giving my child away for other people to raise and not that I would even want to.





3) Yes.
I do want to remain childfree.





I have no intention of undergoing unnecessary surgery for now.





I would have an abortion, as quickly as possible.





I am on the pill, and all my sexual partners wear condoms as well.
I do want to remain childfree indefinitely (what a great use of wording by the way), but to answer your question:





1) No. I may change my mind, especially if I have a stable relationship and career and financial situation





2) I hope I don't, but if I did, I would bear it and look after the child. I do believe I would love it as it is my own





3) Yes. No question about that.
I think I would like to be childfree





1) No because I would like to be married and there is a very small possibility that I can change my mind, but mostly I wouldn't have my tubes tied cuz it's an operation and I am terrified of those.





2) If I got pregnant I would definitely have an abortion, probably a medical one (abortion pill) but if I had to have a surgical one, I would want to be heavily sedated/asleep.





3) My bf/husband and I would have sex and preferably use birth control pills and a condom or a combination of a condom and spermicide/nfp (which is what I currently use) My biggest fear right now is getting pregnant so I wish I could be on the pill but for medical and financial reasons, I have to wait a bit to start it.
If I wanted to remain child-free, I would never have sex. I don't like to alter my body, so I wouldn't go for tube tying, and I know I couldn't go through with an abortion if I did get pregnant. But this is only hypothetical; I'm hoping to have children in the future.
1)No


2)No, keep it!


3)Yes, No
i have a child, but i thought i would never have one. i did use birth control, but i was too young and not sure about getting my tubes tied. i couldn't have an abortion even though i am pro-choice. i don't think anyone can honestly say what they'd do until they are pregnant.
Well I've already got two kiddos so this answer will be hypothetical.


1) Nope. It can be so permanent, and what if I changed my mind? Big mistake.


2) I would probably keep the baby and just embrace motherhood rather than killing the baby or having an adoption.


3) I would not take the pill, because it isn't healthy at all. I hate condoms. I would use some other method. And it wouldn't be with a boyfriend....I don't believe in premarital sex. Husband or not at all for this gal.
I had them tied. After 4 pregnancies damn right I did! When you do something and you get little human beings being ejected from your body cavities, either you quit doing it or you get it 'fixed'.





Probably not. I wholeheartedly beleive in adoption.





Ah yes to both, why not?
1. Yes, cos i don't want children.


2.Id have an abortion.


3.Yes, obliviously.
I want to remain child free simply because I can not have them and got used to the idea of not having them





1) No. They are untied but I am not using fertility drugs to push it so that's kind of like getting it tied.





2) If it could happen I would keep it. If it happened and was sick and I knew in the first trimester I would abort. Most likely keep it in any case.





3) My guy and I have sex about every weekend. I let him choose to wear a condom or not. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. I think birth control might be why I can't conceive in the first place.
I do want to remain childfree indefinitely, and I did have my tubes tied.
1) At this point, I'm saying no. I've heard horror stories about tubal pregnancies, and I don't want to risk living one.





2) I'd probably have an abortion.





3) We'd use both.
I'm not childless but I support other people's right not to have children if they don't want them. It's really sad to see couples who caved into family pressure to have a child and everybody is miserable as a result. The parents have a child they didn't want and the child knows it.
Well, I am probably a bit biased since I want children in the future so I don't think I can answer you question unbiasedly.





1) Probably not. I don't think anyone can predict what the future will hold.





2) I would raise the child.





3)Double duty (condom and pill). My husband and I do this now. We simply are not ready for children and want to make sure that our children have the opportunity to be wanted and ready for 100%. However we do understand that anytime you have sex, there is a possibility of a child.





alice- You are pretty picky about grammar for someone who can't find the shift key.
1. yes


2. abortion, stat.


3. I'm all about male contraception. It's a great way for men to take control of if and when they become a parent.





*About the use of the term childfree -you either are or you aren't; if you aren't sure you are a fence-sitter (especially if you think you ';may'; change your mind). That's my definition: no children now or never.
first off, i do want to have children.


i would never have my 'tubes tied', as you so indelicately worded it.


i would never ever have an abortion.


thanks to all the grammatical errors in this question, i have no clue what you're asking, so I'll just say, did you know the statue of liberty is made out of copper?

No comments:

Post a Comment