Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why don't most girls want a relationship with a childfree guy these days?

I mean there's a lot of girls (18-20) who wants kids in the future and it seems like there's no more love for childfree guys. I don't understand why girls would dump a childfree guy over something petty.





Is there no more love for childfree guys anymore? Are childfree girls really fadign out these days?Why don't most girls want a relationship with a childfree guy these days?
Girls and women get far more pressure to have kids than men do, IMO. We're told we're not real women, we're unnatural, cold, heartless, selfish, etc. Mothers are worshipped and it can be hard for women not to give in to the pressure. Childfree women are out there, they're just a little harder to find. At 18-20 I knew I never wanted kids and wouldn't have dated anyone who wanted them.


There are lots of CF groups online where you can meet people of like mind.





ETA: Being CF has actually helped me in my career. My bosses knew I wasn't going to get pregnant and quit, or have to take time off for Jasyn or Kaitlinn's soccer game/dance practice/school play/runny nose.


I disagree with Childfree Dog--be up front about not wanting kids, don't hide it.Why don't most girls want a relationship with a childfree guy these days?
Just like how youre thinking about your future, so are they. Obviously the women youre talking about are looking for serious relationships that would maybe result in marriage, and then a family.


So if what you want in life [or in this case, what you dont want] is the complete opposite of them, then it is understandable that they would look for another guy with similar goals/aspirations.





Would you dump a girl if she wanted kids? If so, then youre being petty too.


Either way, having kids is most certainly not a petty matter. Its a huge decision that many people have opposing views about.
I am sure there are plenty of women who want to be child-free as well - it is just a matter of finding them.





As for saying you don't understand why girls would dump a child-free guy over something petty - well, if the decision to have or not to have children is truly petty, you would be happy to let your girlfriend(s) have their way, and have all the babies they wish. No, it is not petty. It is something _you_ are taking seriously. The girls who have chosen not to be with you because they want to have kids are taking your decision seriously as well. It would be just as unwise for them to stick with you, knowing that you will not cooperate with what they want in the future, settling for less than what they want, as it would be unwise for you to leave the contraception solely in the hands of the women in your life (because someone might decide to change your mind for you).





That said, the next question is, how can you put yourself where you will meet women who are more likely to prefer to not have children? Are there online discussion groups that are dedicated to the topic? There might be, but then again, maybe not. It can't hurt for you to look - maybe discussion groups for singles who have had permanent sterilization procedures like tubal ligation/vasectomies. Maybe women who are passionate about the environment - due to the damage that burgeoning human populations have on the ecosystems of the world - might be somewhat more likely to wish to remain child-free, so getting involved with environmental groups could offer opportunities to meet women. Are there other values that would predispose a person to make that decision, that might offer avenues to meeting people? If so, get involved, and see if your horizons expand.
When girls are 18-20 they have no idea what they want out of life.





Most don't even know what childfree means. Being that they have no idea what you are talking about, they think you are a immature freak. You are going to have to be careful how you come across. Why do they even need to know that you are childfree? If you are not planning an offer of marriage, then you need not say anything, unless they ask.





I had my vasectomy at 21. Even though I knew I was childfree from about 15, I didn't consider myself childfree until I was 21. When I was in my 20's being childfree pretty much limited my dating pool.





Now that I am in my 40's they are much more common. I even know girls in their 20's that don't want children. They are not as uncommon as you think.





If I could go back in time, I would tell nobody about my vasectomy. Even today, I am silent about it. I suggest you take this stance. Don't act like being childfree is a political issue.





Being childfree will not only hurt you in the dating situation, it will cause you problems in your career. Not all of society is ready for childfree people. Stay silent.
When you say 'childfree' do you mean someone who never wants kids, or someone who doesn't have kids now?


If it's the first, then you need to find a girl who also doesn't want any kids. They are out there. Plenty of career women don't ever want to have kids. I have a couple of friends like that.
i am 25 and dont know any gurl who doesnt want kids or who knows for sure that they DONT want kind.





I do think there isnt very many gurls who are ok with never having the option for kids in the future. Sorry...i hope you find someone tho. good luck
It is time you men understand the baby moma stuff is old someone you can run back to and she always holding the strings and using kids to make you do enough real women do not have the time
An important thing women see in a guy that wants kids in the future, is commitment. A childfree guy is seen as lacking that commitment factor.
I'm 19, I really prefer not to date a guy that has a baby and I do not want to get married because I feel I'm too young. Almost everyone I know that is my age is pregnant, engaged, and married.
because she wants kids and you don't. you just want different things in life. that simple. you two are different and it won't work out
Nobody in her right mind would dump a guy just because he's ';childfree,'; so I think you will have to look a little deeper to find the real issue.
i love them because they are sweeter and I'm sad to say this but it means that they are good and have done it more then once in bed sorry
I would say that there are a lot of women who want childfree guys. you may not be finding them but there out there.
i understand why when their still young they wouldnt want to take care of kids and not have fun,

No comments:

Post a Comment