Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why does society have such a hard time accepting childfree people?

I'm childfree, meaning I decided that, no matter whatever else I do in life, I will never have a child.





However, even while I make no personal attacks on people, no matter what other decisions I make, lifestyle or otherwise, they always insult or attack me when they find that I don't plan to become a parent. They think something is wrong, and insist that I will change my mind, despite that I've felt this way my entire life.





People also assume that since I'm childfree I hate children (I like kids), or that I'm selfish. I don't believe myself to be either of these things. I simply think that I won't make a very good parent.





Why do people have such a hard time accepting people who choose not to have children?Why does society have such a hard time accepting childfree people?
some people feel that lifes purpose is to have children........ many of my friends chose not to, whether it be the fact they have seen my kids run amok or by personal choice...... i do not think less of them at all....... to each there own.Why does society have such a hard time accepting childfree people?
what?? i am perfectly fine with people who's child free. i mean, why butt into their business? i respect your decision and i dont know anyone who doesnt.
I don't want kids....if i ever change my mind I would not have more than one. I'm an only child myself, and all of my other relatives (or at least the ones that we've kept intouch with) have no more than 1/2 kids. I think in todays society ppl should be more aware of the over population crisis! And the ones who have more than two kids are either uneducated, ignorant, or religious to a very scary point! .....and I assume that those are the ones who verbally ';attack'; you.
they don't like nonconformists.
You must live in a very weird neighbourhood. Most people I know don't care if you have children or not and certainly don't think less of you for not breeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment